ASPNET_WP.exe 100% - Settings or Code?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by KrisKaBob, Jun 7, 2007.

  1. KrisKaBob

    KrisKaBob Guest

    Hello,

    When we have around 40 users, the aspnet_wp jumps to 100% CPU and
    all screens lag for 30 seconds or more (all on LAN). How do I tell if
    this is due to settings in IIS or machine.config, or if it is due to
    bad code? These are all the same page being brought up, with different
    information from SQL (customer name, phone, address). This is for a
    call centre environment.

    I have tried fiddling with IIS and machine.config settings, but
    nothing I try seems to help. 40 users on a local web server with basic
    customer information pages should not do this.

    HP DL380 3.4GHz single processor (same issues on 2.4GHz dual
    processor)
    4 GB RAM
    Win2000 Server
    MS SQL2000
    IIS 5.0?
    ASP.NET 7.1?

    Thanks,
    Kris Kauth

    KrisKaBob, Jun 7, 2007

  2. You can try changing session management. If currently you have InProc
    sessions, change to OutProc and see if it helps.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer & Consultant

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jun 7, 2007

  3. Hello KrisKaBob,

    Just use Perfomance counter and profiling tools to understand what happens
    and find out the spoiled code place

    ---
    WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
    My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour