ASPNET_WP.exe 100% - Settings or Code?

KrisKaBob

Hello,

When we have around 40 users, the aspnet_wp jumps to 100% CPU and
all screens lag for 30 seconds or more (all on LAN). How do I tell if
this is due to settings in IIS or machine.config, or if it is due to
bad code? These are all the same page being brought up, with different
information from SQL (customer name, phone, address). This is for a
call centre environment.

I have tried fiddling with IIS and machine.config settings, but
nothing I try seems to help. 40 users on a local web server with basic
customer information pages should not do this.

HP DL380 3.4GHz single processor (same issues on 2.4GHz dual
processor)
4 GB RAM
Win2000 Server
MS SQL2000
IIS 5.0?
ASP.NET 7.1?

Thanks,
Kris Kauth

Michael Nemtsev

Hello KrisKaBob,

Just use Perfomance counter and profiling tools to understand what happens
and find out the spoiled code place

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour