aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is 80004005.

Prodip Saha

Microsoft has Hot Fix rollup for this problem but there is NO link to
download the hot fix. Does anyone know the link or how to solve this
problem?

Thanks,
Prodip

CT

You generally can't download the hotfixes; you must contact MS Support.
However, if you have a valid license and hence a product ID, these hotfixes
normally don't cost anything.

Prodip Saha

Thanks Carsten (CT) and Saravana for good suggestions. I simply rerun the
Dot Net Framework 1.1 and the problem is resolved.

However, it is weired that Microsoft sold the product with bugs (nothing new
or wrong though!!) and they are not offering the patch publicly to download.

Command used to run the dotnetfx:

d:\dotNetFramework\dotnetfx.exe /t:%temp% /c:"msiexec.exe /fvecms
%temp%\netfx.msi"

Note: Replace the drive letter d: to the drive letter of the CD-ROM.

Thanks,
Prodip