    breakpoint. Only IE set as script debuging works in client side.
    Any idea?
    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?RkQ=?=, Jun 28, 2007

  2. On Jun 28, 4:00 pm, FD <> wrote:
    > After .NET framework 2.0 installed, aspnet_wp.exe did not work when attached
    > it in VS2003 to debug in run time.
    > Before, attatching it as Common Language Runtime debug, and set breakpoints
    > in C# code, it worked properly. But after, the process did not stop at any C#
    > breakpoint. Only IE set as script debuging works in client side.
    > Any idea?
    > Thanks.

    VS2003 is designed to work with 1.1

    Alexey Smirnov, Jun 28, 2007

  3. You mean VS2003 and VS2005 should not install in same machine?
    I know VS2003 worked with 1.1.
    The question is after installed VS2005 with 2.0, VS2003 will not work for
    runtime debug anymore? Otherwise, it needs some other configure to make it
    working?
    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?RkQ=?=, Jun 28, 2007
  4. Please see if any of the workarounds in this KB help you :

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306172

    What is the exact error message returned when you attempt to debug ?

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 28, 2007
  5. The popup box Microsoft Development Environment display:

    The requested attach was not completed successfully.

    Program types successfully attached are:
    Script

    Program types that failed to attach are:
    Common Language Runtime

    Thanks,
    Fang

    =?Utf-8?B?RkQ=?=, Jun 28, 2007
  6. Please review :
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8dbb3we5(vs.80).aspx

    There's specific instructions on how to workaround your problem there.

    Also, can you debug using the CLR Debugger ?

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893657

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 28, 2007
  7. On Jun 28, 5:16 pm, FD <> wrote:
    > You mean VS2003 and VS2005 should not install in same machine?
    > I know VS2003 worked with 1.1.
    > The question is after installed VS2005 with 2.0, VS2003 will not work for
    > runtime debug anymore? Otherwise, it needs some other configure to make it
    > working?
    > Thanks.

    No, I didn't mean that. It was unclear that you used VS2003 with 1.1,
    sorry

    Alexey Smirnov, Jun 28, 2007