aspnet_wp.exe memory consumption

Kiran Kumar

Hi All,
I am working on ASP.Net these days and have come across a problem with
the aspnet_wp process. I have seen many posts on the web related to
the same problem which is : aspnet_wp.exe (PID: xxx) was recycled
because memory
soncumption exceeded the zz MB (60 percent of available
RAM).

I tried out the following alternative :- change the entry in
Machine.config file which says <processModel
enable="true"
timeout="Infinite"
idleTimeout="Infinite"
shutdownTimeout="0:00:05"
requestLimit="Infinite"
requestQueueLimit="5000"
restartQueueLimit="10"
memoryLimit="60" -- (this is changed to 80)
webGarden="false"
cpuMask="0xffffffff"
userName="machine"
password="AutoGenerate"
logLevel="Errors"
clientConnectedCheck="0:00:05"
comAuthenticationLevel="Connect"
comImpersonationLevel="Impersonate"
responseDeadlockInterval="00:03:00"
maxWorkerThreads="20"
maxIoThreads="20"
/>

When I was trying to POST huge data (20MB) I still get to see the same
error..If anyone who came across this situation and solved the problem
can help me as early as possible.

thanks in advance,
Kiran Kumar

Natty Gur

Hi,

maybe you need to change the maxRequestLength
<httpRuntime
maxRequestLength =

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.