aspnet_wp.exe memory consumption

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kiran Kumar, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. Kiran Kumar

    Kiran Kumar Guest

    Hi All,
    I am working on ASP.Net these days and have come across a problem with
    the aspnet_wp process. I have seen many posts on the web related to
    the same problem which is : aspnet_wp.exe (PID: xxx) was recycled
    because memory
    soncumption exceeded the zz MB (60 percent of available
    RAM).

    I tried out the following alternative :- change the entry in
    Machine.config file which says <processModel
    enable="true"
    timeout="Infinite"
    idleTimeout="Infinite"
    shutdownTimeout="0:00:05"
    requestLimit="Infinite"
    requestQueueLimit="5000"
    restartQueueLimit="10"
    memoryLimit="60" -- (this is changed to 80)
    webGarden="false"
    cpuMask="0xffffffff"
    userName="machine"
    password="AutoGenerate"
    logLevel="Errors"
    clientConnectedCheck="0:00:05"
    comAuthenticationLevel="Connect"
    comImpersonationLevel="Impersonate"
    responseDeadlockInterval="00:03:00"
    maxWorkerThreads="20"
    maxIoThreads="20"
    />

    When I was trying to POST huge data (20MB) I still get to see the same
    error..If anyone who came across this situation and solved the problem
    can help me as early as possible.

    thanks in advance,
    Kiran Kumar

    Kiran Kumar, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Kiran Kumar

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    maybe you need to change the maxRequestLength
    <httpRuntime
    maxRequestLength =

    Natty Gur, CTO
    Dao2Com Ltd.