aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 1864) was recycled because it was suspected to be in a deadlocked state. It did

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by bmmodi, Dec 1, 2004.

  1. bmmodi

    bmmodi Guest

    Hello,

    We have three webservers that host the same web application (written in
    VB.NET running on .NET Framework 1.0 SP2). We receive the following
    error (aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 1864) was recycled because it was suspected
    to be in a deadlocked state. It did not send any responses for pending
    requests in the last 180 seconds.) every few days on ONLY ONE of the
    three servers. At the point when the error occurs, the CPU locks up at
    100%. All three servers connect to the same database and are
    responding fine to all requests (so I don't think that the issue is due
    to the database). Here are the specs for the environment (same for all
    web servers):

    Hardware: Dell PowerEdge 2550 Servers
    OS: Windows 2000 Server
    App Server: IIS 5x w/ .NET Framework 1.0 SP2
    IDE: Visual Studio .NET 2002

    We have taken following steps to resolve the issue:

    1. Checked the App Files (they are identical).
    2. Checked the *.config files (they are identical).
    3. Reinstalled .NET Framework SP2 (just the service pack).
    4. Rebuilt the "bad" server from an image of one of the "good"
    servers.
    5. Reinstalled .NET Framework w/ SP2 (entire .NET Framework).
    6. Checked the App files and config files (they are identical).

    After all of this, the problem continues. Has anyone been able to get
    over this problem? Can someone shed some light on this or offer a
    suggestion?

    Thanx in advance...

    - Bhavik

    bmmodi, Dec 1, 2004

  2. bmmodi

    Saravana Guest

    Check out this kb's, this might help you.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;840861
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328267

    --
    Saravana