aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 500) was recycled because memory consumption e

Raju

Hi ,

We are develoed the .net application(asp.net, vb.net and sql server ). Till
yesterday there was no problem with the application. Is was working fine.
In our application we have one Lock and Unlock Button. When you click on
Lock button, the page will turn into ReadOnly mode. When you click on Unlock
the page will turn into Edit Mode.
Now When I press the Lock or Unlock Button after 2 to 3 minutes in the
Browser iam getting the below error message.
--------
Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to
retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific
request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server.
Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.
--------

In the Event Logs the error description is:
Event ID: 1001
aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 500) was recycled because memory consumption exceeded
the 305 MB (60 percent of available RAM).

We are using .Net framework version1.1. Iam not able to figure it out this
problem.
Can anyone please help on this issue.
You help is much appriciated.

Regards,
Bhaskar.

Raju

Hi Alvin Bruney,

I have installed Service pack 1 for .Net Framework1.1. Still iam getting the
same problem. and also we have installed" Microsoft Security Bulletin
MS04-028".
IS there any other patches to install for this Issue?.

You help is much appreciated.
Regards,
Bhaskar.

Alvin Bruney said:
have you applied recent patches or service packs?

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney
Raju said:
[...]

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

you will need to use the memory profiler to find out what is eating the
memory

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney