aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 500) was recycled because memory consumption e

Guest

Hi ,

We are develoed the .net application(asp.net, vb.net and sql server ). Till
yesterday there was no problem with the application. Is was working fine.
In our application we have one Lock and Unlock Button. When you click on
Lock button, the page will turn into ReadOnly mode. When you click on Unlock
the page will turn into Edit Mode.
Now When I press the Lock or Unlock Button after 2 to 3 minutes in the
Browser iam getting the below error message.
--------
Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to
retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific
request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server.
Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.
--------

In the Event Logs the error description is:
Event ID: 1001
aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 500) was recycled because memory consumption exceeded
the 305 MB (60 percent of available RAM).

We are using .Net framework version1.1. Iam not able to figure it out this
problem.
Can anyone please help on this issue.
You help is much appriciated.

Regards,
Bhaskar.

Alexander Bosch

Do you have Service Pack 1 of .NET 1.1 by any chance?
Are you doing a Server.Transfer("SamePage.aspx",true) with this bool value
as true to preserve the Forms Collections?
I'm asking all this questions because I have a similar problem and I'm
trying to see if it's a bug.
thanks,
Alexander

Guest

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your response. Yes,I have Service pack 1 of .NET 1.1.And also iam
doing Server.Transfer("SamePage.aspx",true) with this bool value
as true to preserve the Forms Collections.
You also facing the same problem?.
Please let me know if you have solution for this Issue.

Regards,
Bhaskar.

Alexander Bosch

Hey Bhaskar,
take a look at this article on Microsoft's KB:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839521

In this article they say that this issue has been solved with the Service
Pack 1 and it hasn't! In my opinion it was created by the Service Pack,
because if you remove it, everything it's going to work. I guess that's your
short term solution, remove the ServicePack...on a long term, I'm still
loooking for answers.
Hopefully one of the Microsoft support guys or a Microsoft MVP will put more
light into this issue.
Regards,
Alexander

Guest

Hi Alexander,
I have already have the service pack 1 in my system. And also the error
message in the Microsoft's KB is different than my error message. Did you get
the solution after installing this hotfix?.

Regards,
Bhaskar.

Alexander Bosch

Hey Rahu, there are to Kbs that are similar.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839521 which is the
one I mentioned before
and this one

I know you have SP 1, that's why I'm saying that if you remove it, your
problem will be solved (i.e no Infinite loop, no Stack overflow, No Server
Application Unavailable after 2 min or so)
I have not found a solution with the Service Pack...that's my point, I think
this articles are saying that you have to install a Hot Fix that's included
on the SPack, but the problem does not get solved.

Again,...Hopefully one of the Microsoft support guys or a Microsoft MVP will
put more light into this issue

Alexander

Guest

Hi,

After changing the server.transfer() to Response.Redirect() its working
fine.

Thanks,
Bhaskar.

Alexander Bosch

yes, it will work, but you'll loose the Forms Collection that you were
preserving setting the variable as true on the Server.Transfer...If that
works for you, perfect then.
Alexander