    Rob Eckert
    rt.____name
    (remove spaces for direct e-mail)
    Robert W. Eckert, Sep 29, 2004

  2. RE: Aspnet_wp.exe process locks internet explorer/ any process utilizi

    This is very wierd!
    maybe u can try restart the aspnet process
    and try seeing what u have to do when use versions 1.0 and 1.0 together
    Patrick

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljay5PLklnZQ==?=, Sep 30, 2004

  3. RE: Aspnet_wp.exe process locks internet explorer/ any process uti

    I'm not sure what you mean about using versions 1.0 and 1.0 together,
    we have 1.0 and 1.1 installed on these machines in that order, then service
    packs as they came out, as well as the 1.1 SDK. We found that we needed both
    frameworks installed since we have some 3rd party dlls that seem to only work
    with 1.0, and other development which uses 1.1.

    What really gets me is that it affects the scripting languages, Its like it
    has some sort of exclusive lock on the dlls, and blocks any access by other
    programs. If I use IE to goto a page that doesn't use any scripts, it is
    fine. This also affects explorer in some folders where there are any
    customizations on the folder which use scripting.

    Rob

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9iIEVja2VydA==?=, Sep 30, 2004
  4. Robert W. Eckert

    galampi Guest

    Re: Aspnet_wp.exe process locks internet explorer/ any process uti

    We have the exact same error and a very similiar server setup to what
    you have. Unfortunately we don't know of a solution at the moment,
    either :-(

    galampi, Oct 5, 2004
  5. Re: Aspnet_wp.exe process locks internet explorer/ any process uti

    Hopefully someone from MS will see this thread and post a response

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9iIEVja2VydA==?=, Oct 5, 2004