aspnet_wp.exe - relation heap mem to virtual memory

Rob

hi!

i am running a aspnet-application on a machine with 1 gb ram.
looking into the taskmanager, the aspnet_wp-process is going to use
up to 60 megs heap memory and about 55 megs virtual memory. also there
are up to 500 changes in pagefaults per second. the cpu-usage of
aspnet_wp is varying between 25 and 95 percent.

the taskmanager told me, there are about 700mb heap memory available.
the memorylimit-value in my machine.config-file is set to 60 percent.
there are NO entries in the eventlog, showing that the
aspnet_wp-process was recycled.

the application is responding very slow. i think, this is because the
aspnet_wp is swapping memory-pages this often. does anybody know about
this issue? is it possible, to force aspnet_wp.exe to use more
heap-memory instead of virtual memory? any configuration hints?

thank you in advance
rob