aspnet_wp.exe stopped unexpectedly error

Guest

My asp.net web application dies after an hour of processing (it's a long
database parsing process) and the web page becomes a "Page could not be
displayed" webpage. I looked in my event logs and found the following clue:

aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 2264) stopped unexpectedly.

Anyone have information on why the process stopped and how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance....

Jim Cheshire

ImSoLost said:
My asp.net web application dies after an hour of processing (it's a
long database parsing process) and the web page becomes a "Page could
not be displayed" webpage. I looked in my event logs and found the
following clue:

aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 2264) stopped unexpectedly.

Anyone have information on why the process stopped and how to resolve
it?

That's a crash of the worker process. To determine what caused it, you can
generate a crash dump and then analyze that using Windbg or another
debugger.

Here's what you can do.

A. Download DebugDiag:

====================

1. Go to the link http://beta.microsoft.com.

2. Login in with your passport id.

3. Login using the guest ID "DebugDiag" (it's case sensitive)

4. Click on the "IIS Debug Diagnostic Tool" link.

Configure DebugDiag to capture the memory dump:

1. Open DebugDiag

2. On the Rules tab, click Add Rule

3. Select Crash and click Next

4. Select "All IIS Processes" and click Next

5. Under Advanced Settings, click Breakpoints

6. Click Add Breakpoint...

7. Select KERNEL32!ExitProcess and change Action Type to Full UserDump

8. Click OK

9. Click Save and Close

10. Click Next through the rest of the wizard

After the crash occurs again, you will find the dump files in the following
folder:

C:\Program Files\IIS Resources\DebugDiag\Logs\<Name of Rule>

Zip up that entire folder and upload it to http://www.yousendit.com/. Send
it to the following e-mail address:

jim at jimcosoftware.com

I'll analyze it for you and let you know what's causing the crash.

--
Jim Cheshire

Latest entry: Digging into Objects
Describes the details of digging into