ASPNET_WP memory usage...Leak ???

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Richie, Nov 4, 2004.

  1. Richie

    Richie Guest

    Folks,

    We have an intermittent error in our asp.net application which is driving us
    all crazy.

    In our app, we need to view the reports frequently. Now once every week,
    what happens is when we want to view these reports, it shows this error
    saying "Invalid Field name". The EXPORT method has the problem. At this
    point, the memory usage of ASPNET_WP.EXE is approx 300 MB. The server is
    running continiously ... FYI.

    Now after this error, if we click this view reports button gaain, it shows
    the reports without any error.

    We do end task for ASPNET_WP at this stage, and it is okay for another few
    days.

    I can sense some leakage here. Any ideas ? Any hotfixes offered by MS for
    this ?

    Thanks.
    Richie, Nov 4, 2004

  2. It sounds to me like you have a bug in your app somewhere. MS doesn't have
    any hotfixes for that. We might be able to help you figure out what the bug
    is, with your help. But we would need more information.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Nov 4, 2004