ASPs and NTFS permissions

BJS

Hi there.

I have been successfully running ASP on a W2K IIS5.0 server using Anon
Access enabled, but would like to be able to restrict access to a particular
folder containing some ASP content to a particular NTFS user group that I
have set
up.

I have added this group to the particular folder (giving Full Control) and
switched off anon access and added Intergrated Windows authentication in IIS
Admin. The problem is that although users can access static content in this
folder, any attempt to run an ASP fails with a logon box appearing and
"Error: access denied" apearing in the page.

Is the problem that this user group does not have permissions on the system
files used to execute the ASPs? Everything works fine under my admin
account or if I make it all Anonymous access.

Thanks for any assistance,
Brian J

Jim Morrison

BJS said:
[...]

We also run an IIS 5.0 server with integrated windows auth and anon turned
off. A few specific folders within wwwroot have specific permissions applied
to the domain security group level. I have not had any problems running ASP
pages. You may want to go back over your permissions within IIS and also
check the individual ASP files themselves and make sure they are properly
inheriting the permissions from the folder.

Jim