aspsmartupload error

Todd

I am using Windows XP and have registered the aspsmartupload dll and moved it
into the system32 directory. I get the following error

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80070005)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open
registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x918 Thread 0xa90 DBC
0x96768d4 Jet'.

The error occurs on the line where I set my variable called mySmartUpload

Here is my code

<%Set Cnn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Cnn.Open "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq= "&
Server.MapPath(".") & "\jobpostingsdb.mdb; uid=admin; pwd=hi12tech"
Dim mySmartUpload
Set mySmartUpload = Server.CreateObject("aspSmartUpload.SmartUpload")
mySmartUpload.Upload
sql = "insert into jobpostings (testing) values
('"&mySmartUpload.Form("testing")&"')"
cnn.execute(sql)

I usually get these types of errors when trying to access a database. My
understanding is aspsmartupload has nothing to do with a database. And the
database I'm using in this program is making a successful connection (at
least there was no error on the line of code that opened the connection).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Daniel Crichton

Todd wrote on Tue, 1 Apr 2008 07:36:04 -0700:
[...]

That certainly looks like a Jet database error. Does the anonymous account
have permissions to write to the temp folder?

If you remove the aspsmartupload lines and just run a simple select, do you
still get the error?

Mike Brind

Todd said:
[...]

I would stop using ODBC, and use the Jet OLEDB provider instead.
http://access.databases.aspfaq.com/...ror-unable-to-open-registry-key-driverid.html

Bob Milutinovic

..
..
..
Server.MapPath(".") & "\jobpostingsdb.mdb; uid=admin; pwd=hi12tech"

Right now would be a very good time to change your password.

- Bob.

Evertjan.

Bob Milutinovic wrote on 02 apr 2008 in
.
.
.

Right now would be a very good time to change your password.

No need, no one wil believe you did not do that already.

;-)

Bob Barrows [MVP]

iahamed said:
Set MyConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
MyConn.Open "PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" &
Server.MapPath ("/yourdb/folder/whatever_name.mdb") & ";Persist
Security Info=False"

And why use aspsmartupload dll like the ASP Old School Style, there
are many TOTAL ASP non componant based uploads use them. If not write
to me will give them. (e-mail address removed)

Why not share them here?
You are aware that non-component-based solutions typically have limited
performance, aren't you? If large files are being transferred and it's a
busy server, users will thank the developer for using a component.