aspsmartupload with Invalid Calss String

magix

Hi,

I'm using IIS and windows XP.

I already install the aspsmartupload by
REGSVR32.EXE C:\Windows\System32\aspsmartupload.dll

and it is successful,

and I already copy the aspsmartuploadutil.dll to the C:\Window\System32
folder

but I still got "Invalid Class String" error when loading on ASP page
it points to CreateObject that failed

Set mySmartUpload = Server.CreateObject("aspSmartUpload.SmartUpload")

How should I fix it or what other area I should check (in details)

Regards,
Magix

magix

I already did that before posting. But I still can't find a clue.
What will be the possible cause ? i.e dll not register properly ? or some
settings must be done at IIS level...

magix

I knew few aspupload solutions. But I just want to find out why this error
still persists on aspsmartupload, even though dll has been registered.
I'm already googling through, but just can't find the right clue..
if you guys have some checklists for me to check, that will be helpful..

Anthony Jones

magix said:
I knew few aspupload solutions. But I just want to find out why this error
still persists on aspsmartupload, even though dll has been registered.
I'm already googling through, but just can't find the right clue..
if you guys have some checklists for me to check, that will be helpful..

The first thing I would do is create a little .vbs VBScript file :-

Dim o : Set o = CreateObject("aspSmartUpload.SmartUpload")

If this fails then there is something wrong with the way the component is
registered. If not then its something specific to the ASP context.

Try turning off anonymous access and turning on windows integrated access.
Make sure sure IE considers your site to be in the intranet zone and attempt
to access the page. What happens?

Jeff Dillon

Did you go through the Google first post? Do have the include file
mentioned?

Jeff