.aspx / .ascx in Visual Studio 2005

Guest

Ok, I am a beginner when it comes to ASP.NET and C#. I have been "playing"
with Visual Studio 2005 for about 1 week now and I cannot figure out how to
create a .aspx or .ascx page in VS 2005. I want to use these files so I can
create the code behind (.ascx.cs) file.

I don't see either as a "template" option when I select "New Item" in VS
2005. What am I doing wrong? (or am I completely blind :) ....)

Thanks
Rob Cuscaden

Guest

AHHHH HHHHHAAAAA!!!!!!

Ok, I figured it out and I wanted to post what I just discovered. When you
select File->New... you are given some options (Project, Web site, File).
Instead of selecting File->New->Project.... You select File->New->Web Site
and this will bring you to a page where you can select an ASP.NET page and
you can add in .ascx server controls.

Rob Cuscaden

Edwin Knoppert

There is a good way, right mouse on specific parts in the project tree.
This will give related items only.