aspx files giving 404 - another solution

Andrew Morton

JFTR, if you find your web site is giving 404 errors for aspx pages, make
sure that web.config does *not* have an entry in <system.web> saying
<httpRuntime enable="false" />.

I know I didn't put it in, as the file was a copy from another working web
site on the same computer, maybe VS2008 did it or (perhaps more likely) I
clicked on something wrong in IIS Manager.

Andrew

Gregory A. Beamer

I would imagine this is most common with the newer versions of IIS, where
config files do control settings.