aspx gives dns error, html works fine

Guest

Hi All,

I'm having trouble showing aspx pages to the outside world. When I
browse in my IIS6 Service Manager the page shows fine (also in a
separate IE on this machine) but as soon as I look on another machine
(within the network or outside on the internet) the page shows an
error 'cannot display page DNS error' when I set my default content
page (document) to for example index.html this page shows perfectly
(everywhere).

What should I check?

Thanx for your time.

Jim

Guest

Did you enable ASP.NET in IIS? By default, it is turned off.

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

***************************
Think Outside the Box!
***************************

Guest

Did you enable ASP.NET in IIS? By default, it is turned off.
Yes I did 'Allow ASP.NET' through the Web Service Extensions Tab in
IIS.
It sounds more like a access/rights problem because I am able to view
the page on the webserver machine.. but then again how come I can see
an HTML page with no problems at all, .. this suggests something would
be wrong with showing/compiling aspx.
I tried re-installing the .NET framework but could not succeed..
because I couldn't remove it and while installing it says it's already
installed.