aspx html table caption got missing?

ckkwan

Dear All,

Using Framework 1.1.

Create a html table with <caption> tag, everything works fine.

However, when I put "runat=server" for that table, the caption get
missing :(

I can still see the caption in Designer view, just that when it render
by the IIS during runtime, the caption is gone. :(

How can I put the caption back to HTML table? I don't want to use
asp:table.

Thanks in advance.

bruce barker

server side tables (<table runat=server>) are very restrictive with what
can be contained in them. just <tr>'s, anything else as you've found is
stripped.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)