aspx in IFRAME starts multiple session

Jakob Ehn

I have a html portal page, where there are several IFrames. All IFrames
point to aspx pages
that belong to one aspnet web application.

The problem I am having is that when I first go to the html page, a new
aspnet session is started
FOR EACH IFrame!! This means that 7-8 sessions are started. After this, it
seems as the web application
only uses that last session.

So the web app works ok, but the performance of having 7-8 sessions started
instead of 1 is a bit annoying
(I do quit a bit of database access in sessionstart)

Anyone know how to get around this?

Regards
/Jakob

[MSFT]Allen

See the question "Q: I have a frameset page which has an HTM extension, and
I found out each frame it contains display a different session id on the
first request. Why?" in this FAQ:

http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=7504

HTH,
-Allen