aspx not loading in designer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Mike D, Apr 22, 2004.

  1. Mike D

    Mike D Guest

    I have been trying to learn asp.net and have copied a page from the
    internet. It will not load in the designer. What am I missing? It
    looks like it is missing a reference to a code behind page but I am
    missing the syntax.

    Any help greatly appreciated the page and the error are posted below.

    Mike

    Here is the error I am getting:
    The file failed to load in the Web Form designer. Please correct the
    following error, then load it again: Visual studio cannot open a
    designer for the file because the class within it does not inherit
    from a class that can be visually designed.

    Here is the .aspx page:
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <title>SimplePage3.aspx</title><% @Page src="simplepage3.aspx.vb"
    Inherits="SimplePage" %>
    <script language="VB" runat="server">
    </script>
    </HEAD>
    <form id="WebForm1" method="post" runat="server">
    <select id="lbHobbies" Multiple runat="server"
    NAME="lbHobbies">
    <option Value="Ski">Ski</option>
    <option Value="Bike">Bike</option>
    <option Value="Swim">Swim</option>
    <OPTION value="DanceNaked">Sex</OPTION>
    </select>
    <asp:label id="lblOutput" runat="server" />
    </form>
    </HTML>

    Mike D, Apr 22, 2004