    I tried switching to .NET 1.1 and it did not behave this way.

    I have been unable to discover why this happens. Any help would be
    appreciated.
    Palan, Apr 21, 2008

  2. Palan wrote:
    > I have a problem with IIS and .NET 2.0. When I post to an aspx page
    > everything acts as expected, the page is executed and I get the
    > correct response. But when I send a GET request IIS just returns the
    > code of the aspx page.
    > I tried switching to .NET 1.1 and it did not behave this way.
    >
    > I have been unable to discover why this happens. Any help would be
    > appreciated.

    As a guess, I would suggest you look at your httphandlers

    recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
    very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
    find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
    can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
    those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Apr 21, 2008

  3. Palan

    Palan Guest

    "Bob Barrows [MVP]" wrote:

    > Palan wrote:
    > > I have a problem with IIS and .NET 2.0. When I post to an aspx page
    > > everything acts as expected, the page is executed and I get the
    > > correct response. But when I send a GET request IIS just returns the
    > > code of the aspx page.
    > > I tried switching to .NET 1.1 and it did not behave this way.
    > >
    > > I have been unable to discover why this happens. Any help would be
    > > appreciated.

    > As a guess, I would suggest you look at your httphandlers
    >
    > There was no way for you to know it (except maybe by browsing through some
    > of the previous questions in this newsgroup before posting yours - always a
    > recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
    > very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
    > find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
    > can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
    > those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest
    > microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet or the forums at www.asp.net.

    Sorry. I didn't realize it was for classic ASP. I will take it to the proper
    location now :) Thanks for your reply.
    Palan, Apr 21, 2008