aspx or aspc.vb which one should i use

Jeevan

hello
when should i use the aspx file to write code and when the aspx.vb ?
should i use only one (any) to write the code?
i want to check the name and password entered by the user with the data in
my database and if found any match then display his name on next page ?
how to do this?
i know ASP , but new in ASP.NET.and a self learner
please help.
thanks for reading this

Sanket Sirotiya

Dear Jeevan,

You can use either C# or VB.NET based on your preference.

Both are equally good.

Regards
Sanket

sloan

Using the code behind file.....is usually better for maintenance. (My
opinion).

What MS has done is allow you to not use the code behind files .... and this
is the "Rapid Development Model".
Aka, you could prototype a website very quickly, because you only have to
drag some controls, set the Table you're using in the database, and all teh
code will be generated for you....aka, the "rapid" part.

RAPID != (or <>) to GOOD development in my opinion.

You'll be happier in the end of you use code behind. It will make
maintenance much easier in the end.

But again, its what you're doing. If you need to protoype a website
quickly, then use the RAPID model.

The problem is that sometimes people take their prototype sites and use them
as the base for the real site.
This is a huge mistake (my opinion again).

Good luck.