    i know ASP , but new in ASP.NET.and a self learner
    please help.
    thanks for reading this

    Jeevan, Jan 18, 2008

  2. Dear Jeevan,

    You can use either C# or VB.NET based on your preference.

    Both are equally good.

    Regards
    Sanket

    Sanket Sirotiya, Jan 18, 2008

  3. Jeevan

    sloan Guest

    Using the code behind file.....is usually better for maintenance. (My
    opinion).

    What MS has done is allow you to not use the code behind files .... and this
    is the "Rapid Development Model".
    Aka, you could prototype a website very quickly, because you only have to
    drag some controls, set the Table you're using in the database, and all teh
    code will be generated for you....aka, the "rapid" part.

    RAPID != (or <>) to GOOD development in my opinion.

    You'll be happier in the end of you use code behind. It will make
    maintenance much easier in the end.

    But again, its what you're doing. If you need to protoype a website
    quickly, then use the RAPID model.

    The problem is that sometimes people take their prototype sites and use them
    as the base for the real site.
    This is a huge mistake (my opinion again).

    Good luck.

    sloan, Jan 18, 2008