    the datagrid.

    Thanks in advance

    , Dec 8, 2004

  2. If the grid has view state enabled on it - the button click is 'posting'
    back to the server. This is what is taking a long as the viewstate data is
    being 'posted back' to the server.

    1. If no viewstate is required - disable it.
    or
    2. Push the view state of the page to be stored on the server
    (override the LoadViewStateFromPersitanceMedia and
    SaveViewStateFromPersitanceMedia methods) instead of the client.

    To view how much viewstate is saved - enable it - save the source, then
    disable it and save the source as a different file and compare the sizes -
    you should notice a considerable difference.

    Regards,
    Buzza.

    Adrian Bezzina, Dec 13, 2004