aspx page displays the html as text

Guest

I've done this before, but I must be missing something....

I got a new laptop, installed .net framework 1.1, IIS, VS 2003, and now when
I try and create a Virtural Directory and open it up in a browser, I see the
html text (the actual html text of the default.aspx page).

What am I doing wrong???

Winista

You probably installed IIS after installing VS2003 and asp.net framework is
not installed.

run "aspnet_regiis -i" command from command line. This utility is in
<Windows>/Microosft.Net/Framework/<Version specifiic folder>

Guest

ok, fixed it after trying to figure out a bunch of confusing, non-descriptive
MS error messages....

Here's what fixed it:
aspnet_regiis -i

also had a problem with permissions, so I went to IIS Virtual Directory and
ran the permissions wizard with all of the defaults. I'm not a big fan of
ASP.NET.