    I try and create a Virtural Directory and open it up in a browser, I see the
    html text (the actual html text of the default.aspx page).

    What am I doing wrong???
    =?Utf-8?B?Q3JhaWc=?=, Mar 16, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q3JhaWc=?=

    Winista Guest

    You probably installed IIS after installing VS2003 and asp.net framework is
    not installed.

    run "aspnet_regiis -i" command from command line. This utility is in
    <Windows>/Microosft.Net/Framework/<Version specifiic folder>

    --
    Netomatix
    http://www.netomatix.com

    Winista, Mar 16, 2006

  3. ok, fixed it after trying to figure out a bunch of confusing, non-descriptive
    MS error messages....

    Here's what fixed it:
    aspnet_regiis -i

    also had a problem with permissions, so I went to IIS Virtual Directory and
    ran the permissions wizard with all of the defaults. I'm not a big fan of
    ASP.NET.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3JhaWc=?=, Mar 16, 2006