ASPX page fails to serve up using

Guest

I have an application developed using IIS 5, and the 2.14 version of the .net
framework and SQL 2005. When deployed to two different servers, the pages all
display properly when using the address
http://localhost/mywebapp/default.aspx. If I replace localhost with a DNS
name, the pages will not display... I get a "Internet Explorer Cannot display
this page" message. In reviewing the IIS log files, all of the response codes
are 302 (redirects) for the requested page. Again, the pages serve up as
intended when using localhost in the url. In doing some testing, a plain
vanilla aspx page with no code behind the page dishes up without error. Does
anyone have any ideas?

DOsborn

I have an application developed using IIS 5, and the 2.14 version of the .net
framework and SQL 2005. When deployed to two different servers, the pages all
display properly when using the addresshttp://localhost/mywebapp/default.aspx. If I replace localhost with a DNS
name, the pages will not display... I get a "Internet Explorer Cannot display
this page" message. In reviewing the IIS log files, all of the response codes
are 302 (redirects) for the requested page. Again, the pages serve up as
intended when using localhost in the url. In doing some testing, a plain
vanilla aspx page with no code behind the page dishes up without error. Does
anyone have any ideas?

Its possible .Net 2.0 isn't registered properly with IIS. You could
try reregistering it using aspnet_regiis.exe -i . This application
can be found in you windows folder under Mircosoft.NET\framework
\v2.0.X.

If you're running .NET 1.1 and 2.0 on the same IIS you need to have
them in seperate application pools as well.

This is all assuming that you were not trying to access localhost from
on the server and were instead trying to do it from a remote machine
like Peter implied.

David
http://blog.ctrlalt313373.com

Guest

There was a problem with some code that would automatically have the site use
https if the site is secured, and the request was not a loop back request
(local host)