ASPX page jscript rt error: null is null or not an object

Cirene

I created an AJAX ASP.NET website. When I run the site in IE, with
debugging on, I get:
A runtime error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug?
Line: 43
Error: 'null' is null or not an object
Yes No

So I click 'Yes' to debug and choose Microsoft Script Editor. It brings me
to a ScriptResource.axd file. I didn't create this file. Here is the line
it has trouble with...
evt(source, args);

In this function:
function Sys$EventHandlerList$getHandler(id) {
/// <summary locid="M:J#Sys.EventHandlerList.getHandler" />
/// <param name="id" type="String"></param>
/// <returns type="Function"></returns>
var e = Function._validateParams(arguments, [
{name: "id", type: String}
]);
if (e) throw e;
var evt = this._getEvent(id);
if (!evt || (evt.length === 0)) return null;
evt = Array.clone(evt);
return function(source, args) {
for (var i = 0, l = evt.length; i < l; i++) {
evt(source, args);
}
};
}

Any idea of where I go from here? I didn't even write this code and I
certainly don't know what it means or what it does.

Thanks.

Guest

[...]

it sounds like you might need to check the web.config. Look at the
following thread (scroll down to httpHandlers config)

http://forums.asp.net/t/1069032.aspx?PageIndex=1

Hope this helps