aspx page with Mailto and French characters

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Si Pearson, May 26, 2005.

  1. Si Pearson

    Si Pearson Guest

    Hi,

    I've got an aspx page with a 'mailto' with accented characters in the
    subject field, when the mail is created the accented characters aren't
    displayed correctly.

    The mailto looks like this:

    href="mailto:&subject=Suggestions for : ED13&body=Title%0d%0aLe
    jûge de l'impôt
    précise%0d%0a%0d%0aLink%0d%0ahttp://sidev01/sites/educationpapers/ED13%0d%0a%0d%0aComment/Suggestion%0d%0a%0d%0a">Suggestions</A>

    The text in the email looks like this:

    Le jûge de l'impôt précise les effets des conventions de portage

    If I do the same thing in an html page, the resulting email is correct.

    I've tried htmlencoding, changing the charset etc, but nothing seems to work.

    Any help would be great.

    ta

    Si

    Si Pearson, May 26, 2005

  2. Si Pearson

    Si Pearson Guest

    thanks for that, but do you mind expanding a little please.

    thanks

    Si

    Si Pearson, May 27, 2005