aspx pages not viewable

Lee Hopkins

We have just purchased .net ent. edition for our company.
I have installed .net on my desktop where I do the
developing of our aspx, and vb.net applications. the
Network people installed the 1.1 framwork.
I have just built my first page. a few labels/text boxes
and a button or two for testing.(I am new to .net) I built
the new page and move the complete folder to my IIS server
and tried to open the page. but I see nothing and receive
no errors. I can see some of the code in the view/source
but it does not display. Did we forget something???

Lee hopk

I do not have the buttons doing any thing yet so there is little on the
testaspx.vb form

Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.vb" Inherits="TestAspx.WebForm1"%>
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<title>WebForm1</title>
</HEAD>
<asp:Label id="Label1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 200px; POSITION:
absolute; TOP: 64px" runat="server"
Width="320px" Height="104px" ForeColor="Red">Hello</asp:Label>
<asp:Button id="Button1" style="Z-INDEX: 102; LEFT: 192px; POSITION:
absolute; TOP: 184px" runat="server"
Width="296px" Height="48px" Text="Button 1"></asp:Button>
<asp:Label id="Label2" style="Z-INDEX: 103; LEFT: 184px; POSITION:
absolute; TOP: 288px" runat="server"
Height="88px" Width="352px">Label</asp:Label>
<asp:Button id="Button2" style="Z-INDEX: 104; LEFT: 232px; POSITION:
absolute; TOP: 400px" runat="server"
Height="56px" Width="280px" Text="Button"></asp:Button>
<asp:TextBox id="TextBox1" style="Z-INDEX: 105; LEFT: 240px;
POSITION: absolute; TOP: 480px"
runat="server" Height="40px" Width="304px"></asp:TextBox>
</form>
</HTML>

Public Class WebForm1
Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

InitializeComponent()

End Sub
Protected WithEvents Label1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label
Protected WithEvents Button1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button
Protected WithEvents Label2 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label
Protected WithEvents Button2 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button
Protected WithEvents TextBox1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox

'NOTE: The following placeholder declaration is required by the Web
Form Designer.
'Do not delete or move it.

System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init
InitializeComponent()
End Sub

#End Region

System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
End Sub

End Class

Seaside

Nothing seems to be wrong with your code (thought you might have had your
control OUTSIDE the Form tags but it looks ok.....I think it is a server
install problem with the Framework.

andy

i had the same problem when trying asp.net for the first time and the only
thing i did was place the aspx page in a shared folder and changed iis to
point to that.

hope it helps

andy

vMike

You said that you can see some of the code in view souce. You shouldn't see
any of the code in view source, only the output. You said you were new to
asp.net. Make sure you files are in a web folder. (right click the
properties of the folder) and make sure you are loading the page by typing
localhost/yourfilename.aspx. You can't just open the file.

Don't know if this helps at all.

Steve C. Orr, MCSD

OK, so do what it said and adjust your web.config to allow you to see the
full real error message.