ASPX pages :Starting and Stopping Windows services running in remote Systems

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by SenthilVel, Aug 10, 2004.

  1. SenthilVel

    SenthilVel Guest

    Hi

    Requirement:::: starting /Stopping windows servcies running in remote
    servers.

    I used the System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController namespace ....
    this is working fine when i run my code in a windows application .
    i can access the remote systems, services start and Stop it..

    But when i use the code to start /Stop the service in a aspx page i get an
    error like:

    Exception Details: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Access is denied

    So what must i do in settings or in permission levels so that i can run the
    service start/stop code in ASPX pages??

    since my windows application works well, what am i missing in my ASPX pages?
    where must i give the security rights ?

    Help needed.
    ,,,,
    Senthil