aspx rookie

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Dst, May 12, 2006.

  1. Dst

    Dst Guest

    Hi i'm trying to make a very simple web site using visual studio 2005.

    I'm completely noob at this so i need some pointers to get me started.

    As i understand frames should not be used in asp.net ?
    But what are the alternatives ?

    My main page is very simple, it is created using a table and looks like
    this
    | Title |
    |Menu| Content |
    | | |
    | | |
    | | |
    | | |

    Menu is a treeview control, so how can i display different web forms in
    the content
    part when the menu is clicked ? Or at least a html page.

    And if the content page is larger than the current view, how can it be
    made dynamic in height ?

    Can anyone help a web rookie ?

    Dst, May 12, 2006

  2. Dst

    sloan Guest

    Create a Master Page.
    Put your Title and Menu on that page.

    Create a new page, and sets its master page to the page you created.

    Put your content there.

    sloan, May 12, 2006

  3. Look into Mastar Pages. They are one of the most talked about new features
    in ASP.NET 2.0. Here is a quick link to the ASP.NET Tutorials on Master
    Pages but there is a lot of information out about them elsewhere as well.

    http://asp.net/QuickStart/aspnet/doc/masterpages/default.aspx

    =?Utf-8?B?VHlydXM=?=, May 12, 2006
  4. Dst

    Dst Guest