aspx snippets via include?

Mark Fitzpatrick

You create user controls to do this. You can then embed the user control
into any page that you want to.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for Mark's input.

Also what come to my mind rapidly. You can add inline code expression or
databinding expression in ascx usercontrol and use them in other pages or
even put in template databound control like GridView, DataList...

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Dave,

As you said that

=======================
I know that would work but then I lose the GUI layout tool

What does the "GUI layout tool" mean?

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for the reply,

So if you use ascx usercontrol, it can be designed visually in the VS IDE
just like aspx page. And each usercontrol also has codebehind to control
code logic. I think it is a good choice as page fragment.