aspx snippets via include?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgVGhpZWxlbg==?=, Oct 21, 2006.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgVGhpZWxlbg==?=, Oct 21, 2006

  2. You create user controls to do this. You can then embed the user control
    into any page that you want to.

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Oct 21, 2006

  3. Thanks for Mark's input.

    Also what come to my mind rapidly. You can add inline code expression or
    databinding expression in ascx usercontrol and use them in other pages or
    even put in template databound control like GridView, DataList...

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Oct 23, 2006
  4. I know that would work but then I lose the GUI layout tool

    What I have are pages in a wizard control that are duplicated so it's a
    table with multiple controls, text from resources, etc.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgVGhpZWxlbg==?=, Oct 23, 2006
  5. Hi Dave,

    As you said that

    =======================
    I know that would work but then I lose the GUI layout tool

    What does the "GUI layout tool" mean?

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Oct 24, 2006
  6. Sorry - Visual Studio - the IDE that lets me see both the code and design view.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgVGhpZWxlbg==?=, Oct 24, 2006
  7. Thanks for the reply,

    So if you use ascx usercontrol, it can be designed visually in the VS IDE
    just like aspx page. And each usercontrol also has codebehind to control
    code logic. I think it is a good choice as page fragment.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Oct 25, 2006