aspx - string from method from in inherited class not working

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by steven shingler, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. Hi all,
    tricky to explain this one:

    have got a class called Language which extends System.Web.UI.Page

    Language has a method "getText()" which returns a string:

    Ok - - now I've got an aspx page called Welcome.aspx

    The code behind page is Welcome.aspx.cs and it extends the Language
    class

    In the aspx, i want to call the getText method.

    I thought that <%= getText() %> would do the trick, but it isn't
    working for me.

    I'm thinking its because of the the method being in the super-class,
    but the method and both classes are declared public.
    Is there a way around this?
    Am I being at all clear?

    Many Thanks for taking a look
    cheers