Assembly binding problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVuIEJlcmtvdml0eg==?=, Feb 27, 2006.

  1. I have several ASP.NET applications with near identical web.config files. In
    one of them I am successfuly able to bind to an assembly while on others I am
    not.

    All of them have the following qualifiers:

    <runtime>
    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
    <qualifyAssembly partialName="OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces"
    fullName="OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces,Version=1.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=663065290036ba4e"/>
    </assemblyBinding>
    </runtime>

    Using fusionlogvw, I can see that in the working app it is succesfuly using
    the web.config file:

    *** Assembly Binder Log Entry (2/27/2006 @ 2:57:41 PM) ***

    The operation was successful.
    Bind result: hr = 0x0. The operation completed successfully.

    Assembly manager loaded from:
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll
    Running under executable
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_wp.exe
    --- A detailed error log follows.

    === Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: User = STEVENDOTNET\ASPNET
    LOG: DisplayName = OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces
    (Partial)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Visual Studio Projects/Nutrazone/Liposlim/
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = C:\Visual Studio Projects\Nutrazone\Liposlim\bin
    LOG: Dynamic Base = C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary
    ASP.NET Files\liposlim\408be0eb
    LOG: Cache Base = C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary
    ASP.NET Files\liposlim\408be0eb
    LOG: AppName = 17777a67
    Calling assembly : Business Logic, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=e07d99407b976026.
    ===
    LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
    LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\Visual Studio
    Projects\Nutrazone\Liposlim\web.config
    LOG: Using host configuration file:
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet.config
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
    LOG: Partial reference qualified from config file. New reference:
    OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=663065290036ba4e.
    LOG: Binding succeeds. Returns assembly from
    C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces\1.0.0.0__663065290036ba4e\OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces.dll.
    LOG: Assembly is loaded in default load context.


    However the non working app shows:
    *** Assembly Binder Log Entry (2/27/2006 @ 2:54:56 PM) ***

    The operation failed.
    Bind result: hr = 0x80070002. The system cannot find the file specified.

    Assembly manager loaded from:
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll
    Running under executable
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_wp.exe
    --- A detailed error log follows.

    === Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: User = STEVENDOTNET\ASPNET
    LOG: DisplayName = OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces
    (Partial)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Visual Studio Projects/Nutrazone/AdminUI/
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = C:\Visual Studio Projects\Nutrazone\AdminUI\bin
    LOG: Dynamic Base = C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary
    ASP.NET Files\adminui\a7112056
    LOG: Cache Base = C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary
    ASP.NET Files\adminui\a7112056
    LOG: AppName = dd7b5eda
    Calling assembly : Business Logic, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=e07d99407b976026.
    ===
    LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
    LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\Visual Studio
    Projects\Nutrazone\AdminUI\web.config
    LOG: Using host configuration file:
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet.config
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
    partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/Temporary ASP.NET
    Files/adminui/a7112056/dd7b5eda/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/Temporary ASP.NET
    Files/adminui/a7112056/dd7b5eda/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Visual Studio
    Projects/Nutrazone/AdminUI/bin/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Visual Studio
    Projects/Nutrazone/AdminUI/bin/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/Temporary ASP.NET
    Files/adminui/a7112056/dd7b5eda/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/Temporary ASP.NET
    Files/adminui/a7112056/dd7b5eda/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Visual Studio
    Projects/Nutrazone/AdminUI/bin/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Visual Studio
    Projects/Nutrazone/AdminUI/bin/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces.EXE.
    LOG: All probing URLs attempted and failed.


    One line that pops out is
    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
    partial, or location-based assembly bind).


    How do I find out why it is not applying the policy?


    --
    -Steven
     
    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVuIEJlcmtvdml0eg==?=, Feb 27, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. I should also add that the assembly is in the GAC and if I drop it in the bin
    directory it works fine.


    --
    -Steven


    "Steven Berkovitz" wrote:

    > I have several ASP.NET applications with near identical web.config files. In
    > one of them I am successfuly able to bind to an assembly while on others I am
    > not.
    >
    > All of them have the following qualifiers:
    >
    > <runtime>
    > <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
    > <qualifyAssembly partialName="OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces"
    > fullName="OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces,Version=1.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=663065290036ba4e"/>
    > </assemblyBinding>
    > </runtime>
    >
    > Using fusionlogvw, I can see that in the working app it is succesfuly using
    > the web.config file:
    >
    > *** Assembly Binder Log Entry (2/27/2006 @ 2:57:41 PM) ***
    >
    > The operation was successful.
    > Bind result: hr = 0x0. The operation completed successfully.
    >
    > Assembly manager loaded from:
    > C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll
    > Running under executable
    > C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_wp.exe
    > --- A detailed error log follows.
    >
    > === Pre-bind state information ===
    > LOG: User = STEVENDOTNET\ASPNET
    > LOG: DisplayName = OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces
    > (Partial)
    > LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Visual Studio Projects/Nutrazone/Liposlim/
    > LOG: Initial PrivatePath = C:\Visual Studio Projects\Nutrazone\Liposlim\bin
    > LOG: Dynamic Base = C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary
    > ASP.NET Files\liposlim\408be0eb
    > LOG: Cache Base = C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary
    > ASP.NET Files\liposlim\408be0eb
    > LOG: AppName = 17777a67
    > Calling assembly : Business Logic, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    > PublicKeyToken=e07d99407b976026.
    > ===
    > LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
    > LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\Visual Studio
    > Projects\Nutrazone\Liposlim\web.config
    > LOG: Using host configuration file:
    > C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet.config
    > LOG: Using machine configuration file from
    > C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
    > LOG: Partial reference qualified from config file. New reference:
    > OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    > PublicKeyToken=663065290036ba4e.
    > LOG: Binding succeeds. Returns assembly from
    > C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces\1.0.0.0__663065290036ba4e\OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces.dll.
    > LOG: Assembly is loaded in default load context.
    >
    >
    > However the non working app shows:
    > *** Assembly Binder Log Entry (2/27/2006 @ 2:54:56 PM) ***
    >
    > The operation failed.
    > Bind result: hr = 0x80070002. The system cannot find the file specified.
    >
    > Assembly manager loaded from:
    > C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll
    > Running under executable
    > C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_wp.exe
    > --- A detailed error log follows.
    >
    > === Pre-bind state information ===
    > LOG: User = STEVENDOTNET\ASPNET
    > LOG: DisplayName = OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces
    > (Partial)
    > LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Visual Studio Projects/Nutrazone/AdminUI/
    > LOG: Initial PrivatePath = C:\Visual Studio Projects\Nutrazone\AdminUI\bin
    > LOG: Dynamic Base = C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary
    > ASP.NET Files\adminui\a7112056
    > LOG: Cache Base = C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary
    > ASP.NET Files\adminui\a7112056
    > LOG: AppName = dd7b5eda
    > Calling assembly : Business Logic, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    > PublicKeyToken=e07d99407b976026.
    > ===
    > LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
    > LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\Visual Studio
    > Projects\Nutrazone\AdminUI\web.config
    > LOG: Using host configuration file:
    > C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet.config
    > LOG: Using machine configuration file from
    > C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
    > LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
    > partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    > LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    > file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/Temporary ASP.NET
    > Files/adminui/a7112056/dd7b5eda/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces.DLL.
    > LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    > file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/Temporary ASP.NET
    > Files/adminui/a7112056/dd7b5eda/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces.DLL.
    > LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Visual Studio
    > Projects/Nutrazone/AdminUI/bin/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces.DLL.
    > LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Visual Studio
    > Projects/Nutrazone/AdminUI/bin/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces.DLL.
    > LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    > file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/Temporary ASP.NET
    > Files/adminui/a7112056/dd7b5eda/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces.EXE.
    > LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    > file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/Temporary ASP.NET
    > Files/adminui/a7112056/dd7b5eda/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces.EXE.
    > LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Visual Studio
    > Projects/Nutrazone/AdminUI/bin/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces.EXE.
    > LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Visual Studio
    > Projects/Nutrazone/AdminUI/bin/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces/OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces.EXE.
    > LOG: All probing URLs attempted and failed.
    >
    >
    > One line that pops out is
    > LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
    > partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    >
    >
    > How do I find out why it is not applying the policy?
    >
    >
    > --
    > -Steven
     
    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVuIEJlcmtvdml0eg==?=, Feb 27, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Hi Steven,

    So have you got it working now? As for the "qualifyAssembly", it just used
    to help redirect a partial assembly reference (ususally for dynamic
    assembly loading) to a Full qualified assembly reference. And as long as
    the web.config file is correctly configured, in your case, since the
    assembly is a strong-named one, the runtime should always start searching
    in the GAC, then through the normal assembly probing path( the bin sub dir
    for ASP.NET web application).

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    (This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
    rights.)
     
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Feb 28, 2006
    #3
  4. Hi Steven,

    This one IIS instance only works when the assembly is in the BIN folder, if
    it is not, the qualifiedAssembly element seems to have no affect.

    --
    -Steven


    "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:

    > Hi Steven,
    >
    > So have you got it working now? As for the "qualifyAssembly", it just used
    > to help redirect a partial assembly reference (ususally for dynamic
    > assembly loading) to a Full qualified assembly reference. And as long as
    > the web.config file is correctly configured, in your case, since the
    > assembly is a strong-named one, the runtime should always start searching
    > in the GAC, then through the normal assembly probing path( the bin sub dir
    > for ASP.NET web application).
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Steven Cheng
    > Microsoft Online Support
    >
    > Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    > (This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
    > rights.)
    >
    >
     
    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVuIEJlcmtvdml0eg==?=, Feb 28, 2006
    #4
  5. Thanks for your response Steven,

    Seems a bit strange. Are you dynamically use Assembly.Load to load the
    assembly. Also, is any other simple strong-named assembly suffering the
    same problem if use the qualifiedAssembly setting in the applccation or in
    any other .net application on that machine?

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    (This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
    rights.)
     
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Mar 1, 2006
    #5
  6. Hi Steven,

    I am using Activator.GetObject along with .NET remoting to load the assembly.

    There are other strong named assemblies that are loading properly. There
    seems to be a bug with the .NET remoting configuration where you can't use a
    fullname to specify the assembly, so the workaround is to use the
    qualifiedAssemblues

    --
    -Steven


    "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:

    > Thanks for your response Steven,
    >
    > Seems a bit strange. Are you dynamically use Assembly.Load to load the
    > assembly. Also, is any other simple strong-named assembly suffering the
    > same problem if use the qualifiedAssembly setting in the applccation or in
    > any other .net application on that machine?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Steven Cheng
    > Microsoft Online Support
    >
    > Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    > (This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
    > rights.)
    >
    >
     
    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVuIEJlcmtvdml0eg==?=, Mar 1, 2006
    #6
  7. Thanks for your response,

    Then, the problem is somewhat specific to .NET remoting scenario. Is it the
    server app or the client app? Based on my research , when configure service
    object for remoting, we can provide their full qualified name in
    application config file.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    (This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
    rights.)
     
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Mar 2, 2006
    #7
  8. Steven,

    If I use the following config:

    <system.runtime.remoting>
    <application>
    <channels>
    <channel ref="http" useDefaultCredentials="true" port="0">
    <clientProviders><formatter ref="binary"
    typeFilterLevel="Full"/></clientProviders>
    </channel>
    </channels>
    <client>
    <wellknown url="http://10.1.0.24:80/ImageService/ImageService.rem"
    type="OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces.IImageService,OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces,Version=1.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=663065290036ba4e"/>
    </client>
    </application>
    </system.runtime.remoting>


    I get the following exception which states you can't have version
    information in the assembly name.

    Exception Details: System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: .Config file
    'C:\Visual Studio Projects\Nutrazone\AdminUI\web.config' cannot be read
    successfully due to exception 'System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException:
    Version information is present in the assembly name
    'OrderDynamics.ImageService.Interfaces,Version=1.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=663065290036ba4e' which is not allowed for 'client wellknown' entries.
    at
    System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.RemotingXmlConfigFileParser.ReportError(String errorStr, RemotingXmlConfigFileData configData)
    at
    System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.RemotingXmlConfigFileParser.ReportAssemblyVersionInfoPresent(String
    assemName, String entryDescription, RemotingXmlConfigFileData configData)
    at
    System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.RemotingXmlConfigFileParser.ProcessClientWellKnownNode(ConfigNode
    node, RemotingXmlConfigFileData configData, RemoteAppEntry remoteApp)
    at
    System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.RemotingXmlConfigFileParser.ProcessClientNode(ConfigNode node, RemotingXmlConfigFileData configData)
    at
    System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.RemotingXmlConfigFileParser.ProcessApplicationNode(ConfigNode node, RemotingXmlConfigFileData configData)
    at
    System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.RemotingXmlConfigFileParser.ParseConfigNode(ConfigNode rootNode)
    at
    System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.LoadConfigurationFromXmlFile(String filename)'.


    --
    -Steven


    "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:

    > Thanks for your response,
    >
    > Then, the problem is somewhat specific to .NET remoting scenario. Is it the
    > server app or the client app? Based on my research , when configure service
    > object for remoting, we can provide their full qualified name in
    > application config file.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Steven Cheng
    > Microsoft Online Support
    >
    > Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    > (This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
    > rights.)
    >
    >
     
    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVuIEJlcmtvdml0eg==?=, Mar 2, 2006
    #8
  9. Thanks for response Steven,

    Yes, I know the exception you mentioned, this is because you're using
    <activated> object in your remoting server application, because for
    <activated> type remote object, the version is determined by client
    side(client side create the instance of which version, then the server
    should create the instance of the corresponding version), there is no
    needed to specify version info.(and it force us not to specify version in
    server application's config file for activated type). However, we can
    specify the version info for the activated type object in client
    application's application config file, have you tried this?

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    (This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
    rights.)
     
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Mar 3, 2006
    #9
  10. Hi Steven,

    That makes sense (as to why I don't need the full type info on the client),
    however I am enumerating the GetRegisteredWellKnownClientEntries() collection
    and when the full version info is not known, the ObjectType property of the
    WellKnownClientTypeEntry is null which causes a problem when using
    Activator.GetObject(type, entry.ObjectUrl)

    --
    -Steven


    "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:

    > Thanks for response Steven,
    >
    > Yes, I know the exception you mentioned, this is because you're using
    > <activated> object in your remoting server application, because for
    > <activated> type remote object, the version is determined by client
    > side(client side create the instance of which version, then the server
    > should create the instance of the corresponding version), there is no
    > needed to specify version info.(and it force us not to specify version in
    > server application's config file for activated type). However, we can
    > specify the version info for the activated type object in client
    > application's application config file, have you tried this?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Steven Cheng
    > Microsoft Online Support
    >
    > Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    > (This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
    > rights.)
    >
    >
     
    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVuIEJlcmtvdml0eg==?=, Mar 3, 2006
    #10
  11. Thanks for response,


    Activator.GetObject is used for get WellKnown object rather than client
    activated objects. WellKnow object's version is controled by server-side
    while activated object's version is controlled by client-side. This is the
    difference which determine whether we should specify the version info at
    server-side or client-side's configuration file.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    (This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
    rights.)
     
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Mar 7, 2006
    #11
  12. This does nothing to explain why it works in a few sites and doesn't in
    others (on the same machine).

    All of my research shows that ObjectType will be null if the runtime is not
    able to load the assembly. My binding logs show that the runtime is skipping
    my web.config file.

    --
    -Steven


    "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:

    > Thanks for response,
    >
    >
    > Activator.GetObject is used for get WellKnown object rather than client
    > activated objects. WellKnow object's version is controled by server-side
    > while activated object's version is controlled by client-side. This is the
    > difference which determine whether we should specify the version info at
    > server-side or client-side's configuration file.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Steven Cheng
    > Microsoft Online Support
    >
    > Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    > (This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
    > rights.)
    >
    >
     
    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVuIEJlcmtvdml0eg==?=, Mar 7, 2006
    #12
  13. Thanks for your followup Steven,

    So I'd like to confirm the object's configured type on your server, is it a
    wellknown object or activated object? They'll have different behavior and
    configuration.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    (This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
    rights.)
     
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Mar 9, 2006
    #13
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Prasanna Padmanabhan
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    828
    Mattias Sjögren
    Nov 19, 2003
  2. Brent
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,380
    Brent
    Jan 23, 2004
  3. SA
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    486
  4. Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,842
  5. =?Utf-8?B?UnVzc2VsbCBQb29sZXk=?=

    Assembly binding redirections problem in .NET 2.0 Web Service

    =?Utf-8?B?UnVzc2VsbCBQb29sZXk=?=, Feb 2, 2007, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    463
    =?Utf-8?B?UnVzc2VsbCBQb29sZXk=?=
    Feb 2, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page