Assembly for HttpModules and HttpHandlers

Ray

Nearly all examples of writing HttpModules and HttpHandlers create them in
new assemblies. We have a lot of our common code in our "Web.Framework"
assembly - if we wrote all our modules and handlers in that framework
project, it would eliminate lots of small assemblies and Visual Studio
projects, and these classes would be available to all our apps with a simple
change of the web.config.

Are there any disadvantages in grouping all the modules and handlers with
other framework code into a single assemby - I'm thinking of maybe memory or
performance issues if a single large assembly has to be loaded several times.
Or is it smarter than this?

Many thanks

Ray