    some tutorials or website or guildlines of it
    by
    KAST

    Seven Kast USA, Jul 13, 2005

  2. Seven Kast USA

    Vidhya Guest

    The __asm keyword invokes the inline assembler and can appear wherever
    a C or C++ statement is legal.

    Example
    The following code fragment is a simple __asm block enclosed in braces:

    __asm
    {
    mov al, 2
    mov dx, 0xD007
    out dx, al
    }

    Vidhya, Jul 14, 2005

  3. "Vidhya" <> writes:
    > The __asm keyword invokes the inline assembler and can appear wherever
    > a C or C++ statement is legal.
    >
    > Example
    > The following code fragment is a simple __asm block enclosed in braces:
    >

    > __asm
    > {
    > mov al, 2
    > mov dx, 0xD007
    > out dx, al
    > }

    Please provide context and correct attributions when posting a
    followup. If you had been following this newsgroup, you would have
    seen the following many times:

    As for __asm, it is absolutely non-standard and off-topic in this
    newsgroup.

    Keith Thompson, Jul 14, 2005
  4. Seven Kast USA

    Chris Hills Guest

    In article <>, Keith Thompson <kst-
    > writes
    >"Vidhya" <> writes:
    >> The __asm keyword invokes the inline assembler and can appear wherever
    >> a C or C++ statement is legal.
    >>
    >> Example
    >> The following code fragment is a simple __asm block enclosed in braces:
    >>

    >> __asm
    >> {
    >> mov al, 2
    >> mov dx, 0xD007
    >> out dx, al
    >> }

    >.
    >
    >As for __asm, it is absolutely non-standard and off-topic in this
    >newsgroup.

    Also it is compiler dependant.... different compilers do it slightly
    different. __asm _asm_ _etc __etc :) YOu need to be specific on the
    compiler in use.

    In the strict sense it may be off topic but I think it is a legitimate
    question.

    /\/\/ www.phaedsys.org \/\/\

    Chris Hills, Jul 14, 2005
  5. On 13 Jul 2005 21:18:56 -0700, in comp.lang.c , "Vidhya"
    <> wrote:

    >The __asm keyword invokes the inline assembler and can appear wherever
    >a C or C++ statement is legal.

    __asm isn't a C keyword. Its a common extension but not required to be
    supported.

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    Mark McIntyre, Jul 14, 2005
  6. Chris Hills <> writes:
    [...]
    > Also it is compiler dependant.... different compilers do it slightly
    > different. __asm _asm_ _etc __etc :) YOu need to be specific on the
    > compiler in use.
    >
    > In the strict sense it may be off topic but I think it is a legitimate
    > question.

    Perhaps, but it was the answer I was complaining about.

    Keith Thompson, Jul 14, 2005