Assembly language

Seven Kast USA

Hi
i need information how to include Assembly language in c , tell me
some tutorials or website or guildlines of it
by
KAST

Vidhya

The __asm keyword invokes the inline assembler and can appear wherever
a C or C++ statement is legal.

Example
The following code fragment is a simple __asm block enclosed in braces:

__asm
{
mov al, 2
mov dx, 0xD007
out dx, al

Keith Thompson

Vidhya said:
The __asm keyword invokes the inline assembler and can appear wherever
a C or C++ statement is legal.

Example
The following code fragment is a simple __asm block enclosed in braces:

__asm
{
mov al, 2
mov dx, 0xD007
out dx, al
}

Please provide context and correct attributions when posting a
followup. If you had been following this newsgroup, you would have
seen the following many times:

As for __asm, it is absolutely non-standard and off-topic in this
newsgroup.

Chris Hills

Keith Thompson <kst- said:
.

As for __asm, it is absolutely non-standard and off-topic in this
newsgroup.

Also it is compiler dependant.... different compilers do it slightly
different. __asm _asm_ _etc __etc :) YOu need to be specific on the
compiler in use.

In the strict sense it may be off topic but I think it is a legitimate
question.

Mark McIntyre

The __asm keyword invokes the inline assembler and can appear wherever
a C or C++ statement is legal.

__asm isn't a C keyword. Its a common extension but not required to be
supported.

Keith Thompson

Chris Hills said:
Also it is compiler dependant.... different compilers do it slightly
different. __asm _asm_ _etc __etc :) YOu need to be specific on the
compiler in use.

In the strict sense it may be off topic but I think it is a legitimate
question.

Perhaps, but it was the answer I was complaining about.