AssemblyInfo.vb

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by magic kat, Aug 20, 2007.

  1. magic kat

    magic kat Guest

    In a windows application, you have an assembly info with, for example, the
    following information. How would you set these parameters in a web
    application?

    Imports System.Reflection
    Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices

    ' General Information about an assembly is controlled through the following
    ' set of attributes. Change these attribute values to modify the information
    ' associated with an assembly.

    ' Review the values of the assembly attributes

    <Assembly: AssemblyTitle("My Assembly Title")>
    <Assembly: AssemblyDescription("My Assembly Description")>
    <Assembly: AssemblyCompany("My Company")>
    <Assembly: AssemblyProduct("My Product Name")>
    <Assembly: AssemblyCopyright("My Copyright")>
    <Assembly: AssemblyTrademark("My Trademark")>
    <Assembly: CLSCompliant(True)>

    'The following GUID is for the ID of the typelib if this project is exposed
    to COM
    <Assembly: Guid("870E8EE6-A80B-4DE4-998F-0886EA565393")>

    ' Version information for an assembly consists of the following four values:
    '
    ' Major Version
    ' Minor Version
    ' Build Number
    ' Revision
    '
    ' You can specify all the values or you can default the Build and Revision
    Numbers
    ' by using the '*' as shown below:

    <Assembly: AssemblyVersion("1.0.*")>
    magic kat, Aug 20, 2007

  2. Most of this stuff lives in the web.config file.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Aug 20, 2007