Assertion failed

Discussion in 'C++' started by Bhachi, Nov 29, 2005.

  1. Bhachi

    Bhachi Guest

    Briefly I will explain the build scenario.
    An utility "idlGen" is created by compiling a set of C++ files. This
    utility(exe) is used to generate some idl files from some
    application(A1) code. These idl files are used by application(A2) which
    inturn generate C++ headers and libraries required for two applications
    to communicate.
    >From these idl files in A2 a code generator generates Java files also

    for the same purpose. Now while building the Java code using Ant, I am
    getting the below error
    "Assertion failed: OP_IFEQ <= OPC && OPC <= OP_IF_ACMPNE, file
    bytecode.h, line 767"
    This error looks like a C/C++ error, but appearing while Java
    compilation.
    It would be great if somebody can help out to resolve this.
    I tried searching in Google, I got only one entry(link from IBM site).
    But this link doesn't take me to proper page.
    Please throw some light on this.
    Thanks in advance

    Bhachi, Nov 29, 2005

  2. Bhachi wrote:
    > Briefly I will explain the build scenario.
    > [...] Now while building the Java code using Ant, I am
    > getting the below error
    > "Assertion failed: OP_IFEQ <= OPC && OPC <= OP_IF_ACMPNE, file
    > bytecode.h, line 767"
    > This error looks like a C/C++ error, but appearing while Java
    > compilation.
    > It would be great if somebody can help out to resolve this.
    > I tried searching in Google, I got only one entry(link from IBM site).
    > But this link doesn't take me to proper page.
    > Please throw some light on this.

    Please ask in a Java newsgroup. How can we help if the error appears
    during Java compilation, while building Java code using some utility
    that has nothing to do with Standard C++ language (except maybe that
    it was programmed in it)?

    Victor Bazarov, Nov 29, 2005

  3. Bhachi

    Kai-Uwe Bux Guest

    Bhachi wrote:

    > Briefly I will explain the build scenario.
    > An utility "idlGen" is created by compiling a set of C++ files. This
    > utility(exe) is used to generate some idl files from some
    > application(A1) code. These idl files are used by application(A2) which
    > inturn generate C++ headers and libraries required for two applications
    > to communicate.
    >>From these idl files in A2 a code generator generates Java files also

    > for the same purpose. Now while building the Java code using Ant, I am
    > getting the below error
    > "Assertion failed: OP_IFEQ <= OPC && OPC <= OP_IF_ACMPNE, file
    > bytecode.h, line 767"
    > This error looks like a C/C++ error, but appearing while Java
    > compilation.

    Indeed, it looks like the Java compiler you are using was written in C or
    C++ and crashed upon you producing an internal error message. I think, you
    want to submit a bug report to the author of the program that produced this
    message.

    Best

    Kai-Uwe Bux

    Kai-Uwe Bux, Nov 29, 2005
  4. Bhachi

    Divick Guest

    You will have to be more precise in description of your problem. From
    what I understand from your description is that you are using Ant tool
    to build Java files. And the errror that is occurring is within some
    header file which I suppose is a C/C++ header file, and not a .java
    file. Ant is a generic tool to build almost anything. You can think it
    of as a replacement of make tool. It accepts a .xml file as input which
    contains the description of the build task. As far as I know the code
    that is being built is somehow related to Java Native Interface (which
    is basically an API which allows Java code to access operate with
    code/library written in other languages like C,C++ or assembly. To know
    more about it just visit the link below and that will clear you of any
    doubt that if you are using JNI or not.

    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/native1.1/stepbystep/index.html

    It would be more easy to tell what's the problem if you tell what is
    that you are trying to build. you can also try posting to mailing list
    of the system that you are trying to build.

    hope that helps,
    Divick

    Divick, Nov 29, 2005
  5. Bhachi

    Bhachi Guest

    Thanks Victor, Kai-Uwe and Divick for your suggestions and valuable
    information. I will try to look into the other ways you provided. If
    anyone had a similar type of error, please let me know.

    A small question here, Is bytecode.h a part of HP C++ compiler?
    Anybody can add information if you have..

    Thanks a lot for your responses

    Regds,
    Bhachi

    Bhachi, Nov 30, 2005
  6. Bhachi wrote:
    > [..]
    > A small question here, Is bytecode.h a part of HP C++ compiler?

    Not AFAIK.

    > Anybody can add information if you have..

    It is very likely part of Sun's Java virtual machine source code.

    Victor Bazarov, Nov 30, 2005
  7. Bhachi

    Guest

    bytecode.h is a file used by jikes compiler for Java. I am getting the
    same error and my scenario is precisely the same that is being
    discussed here. If you get any solution, please inform me also -

    , Dec 6, 2005