Assertion failed

Bhachi

Briefly I will explain the build scenario.
An utility "idlGen" is created by compiling a set of C++ files. This
utility(exe) is used to generate some idl files from some
application(A1) code. These idl files are used by application(A2) which
inturn generate C++ headers and libraries required for two applications
to communicate.
From these idl files in A2 a code generator generates Java files also
for the same purpose. Now while building the Java code using Ant, I am
getting the below error
"Assertion failed: OP_IFEQ <= OPC && OPC <= OP_IF_ACMPNE, file
bytecode.h, line 767"
This error looks like a C/C++ error, but appearing while Java
compilation.
It would be great if somebody can help out to resolve this.
I tried searching in Google, I got only one entry(link from IBM site).
But this link doesn't take me to proper page.
Please throw some light on this.
Thanks in advance

Victor Bazarov

Bhachi said:
Briefly I will explain the build scenario.
[...] Now while building the Java code using Ant, I am
getting the below error
"Assertion failed: OP_IFEQ <= OPC && OPC <= OP_IF_ACMPNE, file
bytecode.h, line 767"
This error looks like a C/C++ error, but appearing while Java
compilation.
It would be great if somebody can help out to resolve this.
I tried searching in Google, I got only one entry(link from IBM site).
But this link doesn't take me to proper page.
Please throw some light on this.

Please ask in a Java newsgroup. How can we help if the error appears
during Java compilation, while building Java code using some utility
that has nothing to do with Standard C++ language (except maybe that
it was programmed in it)?

Kai-Uwe Bux

Bhachi said:
Briefly I will explain the build scenario.
An utility "idlGen" is created by compiling a set of C++ files. This
utility(exe) is used to generate some idl files from some
application(A1) code. These idl files are used by application(A2) which
inturn generate C++ headers and libraries required for two applications
to communicate.
for the same purpose. Now while building the Java code using Ant, I am
getting the below error
"Assertion failed: OP_IFEQ <= OPC && OPC <= OP_IF_ACMPNE, file
bytecode.h, line 767"
This error looks like a C/C++ error, but appearing while Java
compilation.

Indeed, it looks like the Java compiler you are using was written in C or
C++ and crashed upon you producing an internal error message. I think, you
want to submit a bug report to the author of the program that produced this
message.

Best

Kai-Uwe Bux

Divick

You will have to be more precise in description of your problem. From
what I understand from your description is that you are using Ant tool
to build Java files. And the errror that is occurring is within some
header file which I suppose is a C/C++ header file, and not a .java
file. Ant is a generic tool to build almost anything. You can think it
of as a replacement of make tool. It accepts a .xml file as input which
contains the description of the build task. As far as I know the code
that is being built is somehow related to Java Native Interface (which
is basically an API which allows Java code to access operate with
code/library written in other languages like C,C++ or assembly. To know
more about it just visit the link below and that will clear you of any
doubt that if you are using JNI or not.

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/native1.1/stepbystep/index.html

It would be more easy to tell what's the problem if you tell what is
that you are trying to build. you can also try posting to mailing list
of the system that you are trying to build.

hope that helps,
Divick

Bhachi

Thanks Victor, Kai-Uwe and Divick for your suggestions and valuable
information. I will try to look into the other ways you provided. If
anyone had a similar type of error, please let me know.

A small question here, Is bytecode.h a part of HP C++ compiler?
Anybody can add information if you have..

Thanks a lot for your responses

Regds,
Bhachi

aravindan.kuttalam

bytecode.h is a file used by jikes compiler for Java. I am getting the
same error and my scenario is precisely the same that is being
discussed here. If you get any solution, please inform me also -
(e-mail address removed)