Assertion failure on hotshot.stats.load()

Yang

Note: I realize hotshot is obsoleted by cProfile, but 2.5 breaks
several packages I depend on. I'm using Python 2.4.3.

I'm getting an AssertionError on "assert not self._stack" when calling
hotshot.stats.load() on my app's hotshot profile. The app consistently
causes hotshot to generate such a problematic profile, but I have no
idea what's causing it. Anybody know what's wrong?

Here's the profile:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/76fdbd/

Potentially relevant bugs:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=900092&group_id=5470&atid=105470
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1019882&group_id=5470&atid=105470

Thanks in advance for any help.

Christophe

Yang a écrit :
Note: I realize hotshot is obsoleted by cProfile, but 2.5 breaks
several packages I depend on. I'm using Python 2.4.3.

I'm getting an AssertionError on "assert not self._stack" when calling
hotshot.stats.load() on my app's hotshot profile. The app consistently
causes hotshot to generate such a problematic profile, but I have no
idea what's causing it. Anybody know what's wrong?

Here's the profile:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/76fdbd/

Potentially relevant bugs:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=900092&group_id=5470&atid=105470

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1019882&group_id=5470&atid=105470

Thanks in advance for any help.

I had the exact same problem as the second bug in an embeded
application. I solved it by ignoring any function return without a
corresponding function start in the profiler but I'm sure it can be be
made more precise.