Assign an unknown value to an unknown variable

Vincent Arnoux

Hello,
I would like to read a configuration file written this way:
abcd = one
efgh = two
ijkl = three

I would like to read this file and be able to call variable abcd.
I could do it using a hashtable, but I would like to know if there is
something easier that would do the equivalent of abcd = 'one' and let me
use abcd directly.

Vincent

Arnaud Bergeron

Hello,
I would like to read a configuration file written this way:
abcd = one
efgh = two
ijkl = three

I would like to read this file and be able to call variable abcd.
I could do it using a hashtable, but I would like to know if there is
something easier that would do the equivalent of abcd = 'one' and let me
use abcd directly.

What you want is a DSL.

See: http://www.artima.com/rubycs/articles/ruby_as_dsl.html

And work from there