assigning an elements content to variable and then testing

Ian Rutgers

In transforming the <towing> element (boolean) I want the xlst document
test the <towing> element for the "true" text and if found output
"available", otherwise output "not available". While the complete code
is on http://www.otima.ca/XML/auto2.xslt from auto.xml .. below is the
relevant snippet.

The code below always evaluates to "false" showing "not available" ...
what I am doing wrong?

/>
<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="$towingCapable=true">
<xsl:text>Available</xsl:text>
</xsl:when>
<xsl:eek:therwise> <xsl:text>Not Available</xsl:text>
</xsl:eek:therwise>
</xsl:choose></td>

Thank you,

Ian

Joris Gillis

Tempore 20:15:14 said:
/>
<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="$towingCapable=true">
<xsl:text>Available</xsl:text>
</xsl:when>
<xsl:eek:therwise> <xsl:text>Not Available</xsl:text>
</xsl:eek:therwise>
</xsl:choose></td>
Hi,

Try quoting the string value to which the variable must be tested.
<xsl:when test="$towingCapable='true'">.
otherwise, your checking if there exists a 'true' child element with a string value equal to the variable.

It could also be that whitespaces are spoiling the test. In that case, declae your variable thus:
<xsl:variable name="towingCapable" select="normalize-space(.//towing/text())"/>

regards,

Ian Rutgers

Hi Joris,

Your suggestion: Try quoting the string value to which the variable must
be tested.
<xsl:when test="$towingCapable='true'"> did the trick!

Thank you,

Ian