Assignment: Print reverse order

aatish19

1: Write a program that asks the user to input an integer value and
print it in a reverse order
Sample Output
Enter any number 65564
Reverse of 65564 is 46556

2: Write a program that takes a string as an input and print it in
reverse order.(don't use bulit-in/library function).
Sample Output
Enter any string: i m Kashif
Reverse of
i m kashif
is
fihsak m i

Robert Gamble

1: Write a program that asks the user to input an integer value and
print it in a reverse order
Sample Output
Enter any number 65564
Reverse of 65564 is 46556

2: Write a program that takes a string as an input and print it in
reverse order.(don't use bulit-in/library function).
Sample Output
Enter any string: i m Kashif
Reverse of
i m kashif
is
fihsak m i

So what's your question?

Robert Gamble

Keith Thompson

1: Write a program that asks the user to input an integer value and
print it in a reverse order
Sample Output
Enter any number 65564
Reverse of 65564 is 46556
Done.

2: Write a program that takes a string as an input and print it in
reverse order.(don't use bulit-in/library function).
Sample Output
Enter any string: i m Kashif
Reverse of
i m kashif
is
fihsak m i

Done.

I'm not sure why you wanted me to write those programs, but I had fun
writing them. Thanks.

(Perhaps you were looking for comp.lang.c.do.my.homework.for.me?)

osmium

1: Write a program that asks the user to input an integer value and
print it in a reverse order
Sample Output
Enter any number 65564
Reverse of 65564 is 46556

2: Write a program that takes a string as an input and print it in
reverse order.(don't use bulit-in/library function).
Sample Output
Enter any string: i m Kashif
Reverse of
i m kashif
is
fihsak m i

You have posted three problems you have been assigned. The second problem
above is the easiest and clearest. Focus on that one instead of flailing
around. Do you know how to read a string into memory? If not, concentrate
on that first.

The comment about clarity relates to problem 1 above. A user has no idea of
what an integer is unless you tell him. Is 123456789123456789 an integer?
Unless you tell me otherwise it is, indeed, an integer. Note that one can
read question 2 to have the same meaning, with a different datum as question
1.

Flash Gordon

1: Write a program that asks the user to input an integer value and
print it in a reverse order
Sample Output
Enter any number 65564
Reverse of 65564 is 46556

#include <stdio.h>
int main(void)
{
puts("Please input an integer value and print it in a reverse order\n"
"Sample Output\n"
"Entry any number 65564\n"
"Reverse of 65564 is 46556");
return 0;
}

OK, that's done. The above asks the user to input a value and print it
as requested. It might be more helpful if it told the user where to
input the value and where to print it, but that was not in the
specification.
2: Write a program that takes a string as an input and print it in
reverse order.(don't use bulit-in/library function).
Sample Output
Enter any string: i m Kashif
Reverse of
i m kashif
is
fihsak m i

You can't write a program to take inpput from a user and produce output
without using library functions (even getc/putc might use library
functions).

If you want code written for you then my current out of hours rate is
500UKP per hour or part there of with a minimum charge of 5000UKP. To
get the work done in my normal working hours you will have to contact my
employer, however I'm already booked up till well in to next year so
that would probably not do you.

In other words, if you don't even try to do your homework why should we
do it for you? I certainly don't want people passing courses on that
basis since I might have to deal with their inability to program if they
get a job later!

ed

1: Write a program that asks the user to input an integer value and
print it in a reverse order
Sample Output
Enter any number 65564
Reverse of 65564 is 46556

#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
print( "it in a reverse order\n" );
return(0);
}
2: Write a program that takes a string as an input and print it in
reverse order.(don't use bulit-in/library function).
Sample Output
Enter any string: i m Kashif
Reverse of
i m kashif
is
fihsak m i

See answer to q1.

Sorry if you feel I am being pedantic. Please don't just post your home
work questions, at least have a go, send your attempt along with the
question and any errors which you are getting.

Martin Ambuhl

1: Write a program that asks the user to input an integer value and
print it in a reverse order
Sample Output
Enter any number 65564
Reverse of 65564 is 46556

Is this trivial or what?
Trivial approach 1: Look up the '%' and '/' operators for integer values.
Trivial approach 2: Since your assignment does not require you to read
the interger as an integer, just fgets() the string and print it out
backwards.
2: Write a program that takes a string as an input and print it in
reverse order.(don't use bulit-in/library function).

All I/O for C programs uses streams and library functions. Your
assignment is impossible.

Keith Thompson

Martin Ambuhl said:
I don't believe you.

Ok, I glossed over the "don't use bulit-in/library function" requirement.

I avoided using any library functions in the reversal code.
I did use library functions for I/O.

I also ignored the discrepancy between "Kashif" and "kashif", assuming
it to be a typo.

Rod Pemberton

Keith Thompson said:
Ok, I glossed over the "don't use bulit-in/library function" requirement.

I avoided using any library functions in the reversal code.
I did use library functions for I/O.

I also ignored the discrepancy between "Kashif" and "kashif", assuming
it to be a typo.

What? Your wasting your time on this, when you could be ripping my FUBAR'd
realloc() to shreds? "Spec. kiddy" (yes, that's a bad play on "script
kiddy") you're losing it. If you were ripping my realloc(), you still
wouldn't have to post any code...at all...like usual...

Rod Pemberton

Wolfgang Riedel

1: Write a program that asks the user to input an integer value and
print it in a reverse order
Sample Output
Enter any number 65564
Reverse of 65564 is 46556

2: Write a program that takes a string as an input and print it in
reverse order.(don't use bulit-in/library function).
Sample Output
Enter any string: i m Kashif
Reverse of
i m kashif
is
fihsak m i

on
)yawdaorB revO stelluB ni sa tellub tub tilub ton s'ti .wtb(