Assistance Requested

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by RF Rohrer, Apr 20, 2005.

  1. RF Rohrer

    RF Rohrer Guest

    I am seeking assistance in the development of a J/S script that will, on
    OnClick browser action cause another, external piece of HTML code to be
    displayed near where the mouse was when OnClick was sensed and will sense
    the boundaries of the display and not go beyond the top/bottom or left/right
    boundaries of the visible screen. I would like it to be draggable out of the
    way.

    This is to be used on a Class Reunion web site to display a panel of photos
    that exists for each classmate in HTML format already, located in a separate
    directory from other documents.

    These photo panels exist and are in use on our Class web site.

    I want to make these classmate photo panels available to the web site
    visitor with an OnClick mouse action;
    1) The home page has small photos of the classmate for the year they were
    last at WHS and I want them to be able to display the photo panel for each
    classmate with an OnClick action.
    2) On each of the classmate lists, I want to display the photo panel for
    each classmate with an OnClick action.
    3) On numerous Photos, for example, the 2000 Reunion Group photo, I want to
    be able to use client-side image mapping as a way to evoke this display with
    an OnClick display of the photo panel for that PARTICULAR classmate when
    their photo is clicked upon. This is a neat comparison of old school photos
    to present day photo.

    The total accumulated file size of all images is way too large to pre-load.
    But on a classmate-by-classmate, OnClick basis, it appears to me to be a
    livable response time for a visitor to enjoy these pop-ups. That is why I
    have made a point of the EXTERNAL source feature.

    There are a few classmates that have dial-up at 56k that will suffer long
    loads, but the majority will have broadband and will find this cool. I
    expect he 56k users will be migrating to broadband soon. So, I am designing
    this for broadband load times.

    This Class Reunion web site is a private web site.

    I have tried searching Google for cut-n-paste Scripts and found no exact
    fits. There are a few close that I have tried to modify without success. And
    I have tried using Iframe, which I have used in other places, but could not
    figure out how to make it appear NEAR the point of the mouse-action and away
    from the bourders.

    If you can do this, and will, email me at fredrobertbob1960.yahoo.com (
    leave off the 1960 to make the email address valid). Include some idea of
    cost and what you need from me in terms of more description of need and
    files.

    RF Rohrer, Apr 20, 2005

  2. RF Rohrer

    Vladdy Guest

    RF Rohrer wrote:
    > I am seeking assistance in the development of a J/S script that will, on
    > OnClick browser action cause another, external piece of HTML code to be
    > displayed near where the mouse was when OnClick was sensed and will sense
    > the boundaries of the display and not go beyond the top/bottom or left/right
    > boundaries of the visible screen. I would like it to be draggable out of the
    > way.
    >
    > This is to be used on a Class Reunion web site to display a panel of photos
    > that exists for each classmate in HTML format already, located in a separate
    > directory from other documents.
    >
    > These photo panels exist and are in use on our Class web site.
    >
    > I want to make these classmate photo panels available to the web site
    > visitor with an OnClick mouse action;
    > 1) The home page has small photos of the classmate for the year they were
    > last at WHS and I want them to be able to display the photo panel for each
    > classmate with an OnClick action.
    > 2) On each of the classmate lists, I want to display the photo panel for
    > each classmate with an OnClick action.
    > 3) On numerous Photos, for example, the 2000 Reunion Group photo, I want to
    > be able to use client-side image mapping as a way to evoke this display with
    > an OnClick display of the photo panel for that PARTICULAR classmate when
    > their photo is clicked upon. This is a neat comparison of old school photos
    > to present day photo.
    >
    > The total accumulated file size of all images is way too large to pre-load.
    > But on a classmate-by-classmate, OnClick basis, it appears to me to be a
    > livable response time for a visitor to enjoy these pop-ups. That is why I
    > have made a point of the EXTERNAL source feature.
    >
    > There are a few classmates that have dial-up at 56k that will suffer long
    > loads, but the majority will have broadband and will find this cool. I
    > expect he 56k users will be migrating to broadband soon. So, I am designing
    > this for broadband load times.
    >
    > This Class Reunion web site is a private web site.
    >
    > I have tried searching Google for cut-n-paste Scripts and found no exact
    > fits. There are a few close that I have tried to modify without success. And
    > I have tried using Iframe, which I have used in other places, but could not
    > figure out how to make it appear NEAR the point of the mouse-action and away
    > from the bourders.
    >
    > If you can do this, and will, email me at fredrobertbob1960.yahoo.com (
    > leave off the 1960 to make the email address valid). Include some idea of
    > cost and what you need from me in terms of more description of need and
    > files.

    I'm still working on presentation/documentation but the script is
    finished: http://www.klproductions.com/klwindows/klwindowsmanual.html

    If interested, contact me I will give a beta-tester discount.

    --
    Vladdy
    http://www.klproductions.com

    Vladdy, Apr 23, 2005