Associate a row in a table in a database with HyperLinkColumn

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by glenn, Jun 13, 2006.

  1. glenn

    glenn Guest

    Hello,

    I need to view details (details.aspx) from a summary page
    (summary.aspx).

    On my summary page I have a hyperlinkcolumn with a View Details link
    in each row of a DataGrid.

    Am I only able to list information in a datagrid, or can I reference
    certain fields in a given row from a table in a database and place it on the
    details page which is not in a datagrid?

    On my details page, I want to display data from a row of a table in a
    database that is not in a datagrid control. For example, I would like to
    display in a databound label control the subject of a book which would be in
    the subject field in a specific row and from a specific table in a database.

    Thanks for any pointers on this question.

    -glenn
    glenn, Jun 13, 2006