AssociatedControlID and asp.xsd

Rajeev Gopal

All the pages I develop demands Section 508 complaince. And to achieve
this, MS (Microsoft, duh!) recommends installing a June 2003 hotfix for
1.1 (yes, I am still using the "old" version :)). This, they tell,
would support AssociatedControlID property in the <asp:Label> control.

I did install the hotfix and it doesn't seem to work! The VS.NET IDE
still shows that annoying red squigley line under the
AssociatedControlID, but does not give any compilation errors.

I did google and it seems many of ASP.NET developers face this issue.
As a result of my recent adventure in creating Custom Server Controls
and ADA complaince, I think that the hot fix does not UPDATE the
asp.xsd (which drives the Intellisense in VS.NET IDE) file.

Did any one (1.1 users) face this kind of issue lately?

-Rajeev Gopalakrishnan
http://www.rajeevgopal.com