    across-down-hints panel which generates the text hints and numerical
    location on the puzzle.

    http://www.asymptopia.com

    Charlie Cosse, Jul 29, 2003

  2. "Charlie Cosse" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Asymptopia Crossword Builder is a JavaScript application. A robust GUI
    > allows users to submit arbitrary length lists of key-hint pairs which
    > can be regenerated an unlimited number of times until the user wants
    > to accept the layout. The dhtml interface provides a configuration
    > panel, key- generating panel (i.e. answer sheet), puzzle-generating
    > panel (blank squares with numbers for accross/down), and an
    > across-down-hints panel which generates the text hints and numerical
    > location on the puzzle.
    >
    > http://www.asymptopia.com

    It's obviously not cross-browser, because in IE 6 you will get an error on
    the line

    tabTable.width=window.document.width

    in nav_buttons.js

    which could be changed to

    tabTable.width = window.document.width || window.document.body.clientWidth;

    to support IE. I don't know if there are more incompatibility issues because
    I stopped debugging at this point.

    JW

    Janwillem Borleffs, Jul 29, 2003

  3. "Janwillem Borleffs" <> wrote in message news:<3f2646b1$0$28902$>...
    > "Charlie Cosse" <> wrote in message
    > > Asymptopia Crossword Builder is a JavaScript application. A robust GUI
    > > allows users to submit arbitrary length lists of key-hint pairs which
    > > can be regenerated an unlimited number of times until the user wants
    > > to accept the layout. The dhtml interface provides a configuration
    > > panel, key- generating panel (i.e. answer sheet), puzzle-generating
    > > panel (blank squares with numbers for accross/down), and an
    > > across-down-hints panel which generates the text hints and numerical
    > > location on the puzzle.
    > >
    > > http://www.asymptopia.com

    > It's obviously not cross-browser, because in IE 6 you will get an error on
    > the line
    >
    > tabTable.width=window.document.width
    >
    > in nav_buttons.js
    >
    > which could be changed to
    >
    > tabTable.width = window.document.width || window.document.body.clientWidth;
    >
    > to support IE. I don't know if there are more incompatibility issues because
    > I stopped debugging at this point.
    >

    > JW

    Yes, unfortunatly I don't have a windows box to address all the non-standards-
    compliant issues that IE has. Try any standards-compliant browser and it works.
    CC

    Charlie Cosse, Jul 29, 2003
  4. "Charlie Cosse" <> wrote in message
    <snip>
    >>It's obviously not cross-browser, because in IE 6 you will get
    >>an error on the line
    >>
    >>tabTable.width=window.document.width
    >>
    >>in nav_buttons.js
    >>
    >>which could be changed to
    >>
    >>tabTable.width = window.document.width ||

    window.document.body.clientWidth;
    <snip>
    >Yes, unfortunatly I don't have a windows box to address all the non-
    >standards-compliant issues that IE has. Try any standards-compliant
    >browser and it works. CC

    The 'width' property of the document object is not specified an any
    standard so IE's support for it (or lack thereof) is not a
    "non-standards-compliant issue" and other browsers that fully implement
    the HTML DOM Level 2 standard also do not have a 'width' property on
    their document element.

    Richard.

    Richard Cornford, Jul 29, 2003
  5. "Richard Cornford" <> wrote in message news:<bg66ar$irc$>...
    > "Charlie Cosse" <> wrote in message
    > <snip>
    > >>It's obviously not cross-browser, because in IE 6 you will get
    > >>an error on the line
    > >>
    > >>tabTable.width=window.document.width
    > >>
    > >>in nav_buttons.js
    > >>
    > >>which could be changed to
    > >>
    > >>tabTable.width = window.document.width ||

    > window.document.body.clientWidth;
    > <snip>
    > >Yes, unfortunatly I don't have a windows box to address all the non-
    > >standards-compliant issues that IE has. Try any standards-compliant
    > >browser and it works. CC

    > The 'width' property of the document object is not specified an any
    > standard so IE's support for it (or lack thereof) is not a
    > "non-standards-compliant issue" and other browsers that fully implement
    > the HTML DOM Level 2 standard also do not have a 'width' property on
    > their document element.
    >
    > Richard.

    Richard,
    thanks for pointing this out; as I still don't have a windows box, would
    anyone be interested in making the necessary modification to make it
    work for IE? The code is compact and well organized (if I do say so),
    and follows the DOM closely. The change above did not remedy everything,
    BTW. So, any takers? Thanks,
    Charlie

    Charlie Cosse, Jul 31, 2003