    and hopefully others. Please send any feedback you may have to the
    address on the "Contact" div. Thanks,
    AZ
    Asymptopia, Nov 19, 2003

  2. Asymptopia

    Fabian Guest

    Asymptopia hu kiteb:

    > Hi,
    > if anyone is interested I've released an opensource crossword builder
    > at http://www.spammer.org. It should work with IE/Mozilla/Netscape
    > and hopefully others. Please send any feedback you may have to the
    > address on the "Contact" div. Thanks,
    > AZ

    This is related to javascript how?

    Fabian
    Visit my website often and for long periods!
    http://www.lajzar.co.uk
    Fabian, Nov 19, 2003

  3. Asymptopia

    Asymptopia Guest

    > This is related to javascript how?

    it's written in JavaScript.
    Az
    Asymptopia, Nov 19, 2003
  4. Asymptopia

    Fabian Guest

    Asymptopia hu kiteb:

    >> This is related to javascript how?

    > it's written in JavaScript.
    > Az

    The website appeared to say it is written in C++. A closer look reveals
    that the web page interface sucked so badly that I went to one of your
    other programs.

    If something is not underlined, doesn't have a border, and doesn't cause
    the mouse to change when hovered over, I assume it does nothing when
    clicked on, so I don't bother clicking on it.

    Fabian, Nov 19, 2003
  5. Asymptopia

    Asymptopia Guest

    > The website appeared to say it is written in C++.
    No, it doesn't??

    >A closer look reveals
    > that the web page interface sucked so badly that I went to one of your
    > other programs.

    That's funny, I went to your website an all I saw were squares where the
    characters were unprintable. (and no javascript to speak of)

    > If something is not underlined, doesn't have a border, and doesn't cause
    > the mouse to change when hovered over, I assume it does nothing when
    > clicked on, so I don't bother clicking on it.

    I don't know what your talking about here, but some things you might
    check are:
    1) Make sure javascript is enabled in your browser
    2) Don't expect curses-based browsers to display javascript

    Other than that, the underlining of the links is a bit frustrating
    to get to work with all browsers; It works on IE/Mozilla/Firebird,
    and don't have other browser, but wouldn't surprise me if my little
    underline function doesn't work in some other browers.
    Asymptopia, Nov 20, 2003
  6. Asymptopia

    Fabian Guest

    Asymptopia hu kiteb:

    >> The website appeared to say it is written in C++.

    > No, it doesn't??
    >

    >> A closer look reveals
    >> that the web page interface sucked so badly that I went to one of
    >> your other programs.

    > That's funny, I went to your website an all I saw were squares where
    > the characters were unprintable. (and no javascript to speak of)

    That's because my web page is multilingual, and you probably don't have
    the fonts installed. English is not the only language on Earth, and teh
    Latin script not the only writing system.

    >> If something is not underlined, doesn't have a border, and doesn't
    >> cause the mouse to change when hovered over, I assume it does
    >> nothing when clicked on, so I don't bother clicking on it.

    > I don't know what your talking about here, but some things you might
    > check are:
    > 1) Make sure javascript is enabled in your browser

    It always is.

    > 2) Don't expect curses-based browsers to display javascript

    I expect at least one of explorer or navigator to display any javascript
    before I declare a script to be fundamentally broken. Which one do you
    consider curses-based, and which one, in your humble opinion, is based
    on old Norse runes?

    > Other than that, the underlining of the links is a bit frustrating
    > to get to work with all browsers; It works on IE/Mozilla/Firebird,
    > and don't have other browser, but wouldn't surprise me if my little
    > underline function doesn't work in some other browers.

    Why do you need a special javascript function? Offhand, either an <I>
    tag or a <A> tag would serve this interface requirement.

    Incidentally, you site appears to be offline right now.

    Fabian, Nov 20, 2003
  7. Asymptopia

    Asymptopia Guest

    "Fabian" <> wrote in message news:<bpjeah$1o8spi$-berlin.de>...

    > That's because my web page is multilingual, and you probably don't have
    > the fonts installed. English is not the only language on Earth, and teh
    > Latin script not the only writing system.

    > It always is.

    > Why do you need a special javascript function? Offhand, either an <I>
    > tag or a <A> tag would serve this interface requirement.

    Fabian, you're probably a decent guy (or girl?) in real life,
    and I'm certainly don't care to flame you, so I'll end this
    thread and hope that someone is interested in what I put out
    there. It should be useful to someone who's not familiar with
    object oriented javascript techniques. see ya.

    > Incidentally, you site appears to be offline right now.

    oh well...
    Asymptopia, Nov 21, 2003