async javascript - onclick event gets data from server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Steve Richter, Aug 1, 2007.

  1. what topics, documentation am I looking for to do the following:
    - when a button or anchor tag is clicked, I want to call back to the
    web server to retrieve the complete url with which to open a new
    browser window.

    function WindowOpen( url )
    {
    window.open(
    url, 'steve',

    'location=no,titlebar=no,height=400,width=400,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes') ;
    }

    function Button_OnClick( key )
    {
    url = GetFullUrlFromServer( key ) ; // how to async connect to
    server ??
    WindowOpen( url ) ;
    }

    <INPUT type="button" value="Button"