    (I would probably look at the db for that information) but not essential.

    some pseudo code with the important elements would be great!

    Thanks!

    Alex Wagner, Apr 16, 2004

  2. Alex Wagner

    bruce barker Guest

    you web service has two method calls

    startProcessing, which validates the input, starts a thread to do the work,
    then returns
    checkStatus, which returns the status of the process, and if done, the
    results

    note: to prevent denial of service attacks, you should use a pool of threads
    and track the number of concurrent requests.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    "Alex Wagner" <> wrote in message
    > could somebody show me how to asynchronously call some methods from a web
    > service? I'm kind of fuzzy on delegates, IAsyncResult, etc...
    >
    > 1. web service is being called by outside source
    > 2. web service calls method "startProcessing" in business layer
    > a. fires off asynchronous method querying database and generating
    > reports
    > 3. method "startProcessing" returns a string indicating that report
    > generation was started successfully.
    > 4. outside source may come back to query the status of the report

    generation

    bruce barker, Apr 16, 2004

  3. Alex Wagner

    Alex Wagner Guest