    out. How do I make an asynchronous call to the web service without needing
    a return from call back method. User doesn't have to wait, they just call
    the web service then move to other web pages. Thanks

    mimi, Jul 22, 2004

  2. Hi
    Please check the following url
    http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/robcannon/archive/2004/04/02/10679.aspx

    HTH
    --
    Ravikanth[MVP]

    Ravikanth[MVP], Jul 22, 2004

  3. mimi

    mimi Guest

    Thanks, but it's for win form and stills need a pointer to call back
    function.

    mimi, Jul 22, 2004
  4. mimi

    mimi Guest

    I got it. I just need to call BeginXXX the process continues running even
    the page finish loading. When the process finished, it writes into a log
    file. User can check the log file any time. Thanks

    mimi, Jul 22, 2004
  5. yep,
    you can also mark the web service method OneWay.
    In this case there is no response at all.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/e...olsSoapRpcMethodAttributeClassOneWayTopic.asp

    Doing this, you don't need to BeginInvoke_BlahBlahBlah().
    It is a big clearer to someone reading the code that this is not just async,
    it is actually "fire and forget".

    -D

    "mimi" <> wrote in message
    > I got it. I just need to call BeginXXX the process continues running even
    > the page finish loading. When the process finished, it writes into a log
    > file. User can check the log file any time. Thanks
    >

    > "mimi" <> wrote in message
    > > Thanks, but it's for win form and stills need a pointer to call back
    > > function.
    > >
    > > "Ravikanth[MVP]" <> wrote in

    message

    Dino Chiesa [Microsoft], Jul 23, 2004