asynchronous call to web service from a web page

mimi

My web service is to update a database. When user clicks on a button on a
web page, it calls web service to update database. With hundred thousand
transactions, it takes 15-20 minutes to update database, eventually it times
out. How do I make an asynchronous call to the web service without needing
a return from call back method. User doesn't have to wait, they just call
the web service then move to other web pages. Thanks

mimi

I got it. I just need to call BeginXXX the process continues running even
the page finish loading. When the process finished, it writes into a log
file. User can check the log file any time. Thanks