    I just wanted to know if there are more options to accomplish my task.
    Thanks,
    Shimon.
    Shimon Sim, Jun 9, 2005

  2. Although asynchronous calls that have been triggered from one http Request
    would run simultaneously, the response to the browser would not complete
    until all threads have finished processing. However, if you want the web
    response to come back to the browser before the notification module have
    ended you might examine using the MessageQueue class to send a message from
    your web application and on the receiving end you might write a Windows
    service that would receive those messages and execute the notification logic
    that you wanted.

    ----
    http://www.webswapp.com/

    "Shimon Sim" <> wrote in message
    > I am working with ASP.NEt application and need to create something like
    > notification module. Application passes a event information and module
    > decides how to handle this event - who to notify and what information to
    > send.
    >
    > The main issue is I don't want slow done main application because of this
    > module. Main application doesn't need to know if module succeeded. SO I

    was
    > thinking that the best way is to go asynchronous.
    > I know that Web Services support asynch. calls. I am not sure if this is

    the

    societopia.net, Jun 10, 2005

  3. Thanks for Societopia's informative input,

    Hi Shimon,

    In addition to the things Societopia has mentioned, for a certain
    notification service used in asp.net we can also consider using a
    background thread in the asp.net's appdomain which do the constant task and
    other working threads can fire event or perform querying from that
    background thread's status. Anyway, this all depend on the actual scenario.
    If there're any other ideas, please feel free to post here.

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jun 10, 2005
  4. Shimon Sim

    Shimon Sim Guest

    Thanks to everybody.
    But I am using ASP.NET host provider and everything that is out of ASP.NET
    is not available.
    Where can I see some code on creating additional threads for asp.net
    appdomain?
    Shimon.

    Shimon Sim, Jun 10, 2005
  5. Hi Shimon,

    As for using managed background thread to process background schedule task
    in ASP.NET, here are two good tech articles I've found on the web:

    #Creating Custom ASP.NET Jobs For Background Processing On Single or
    MultipleThreads
    http://www.kdkeys.net/forums/4526/ShowPost.aspx

    #Background Processing, and Processing E-mails from ASP.NET
    http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=442

    The basic concept is just we create a background thread in
    Application_Start or other custom startup time and then hold reference to
    that background thread so as to montior or adjust it.

    Hope helps. Thanks,

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jun 13, 2005